1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Der wunder towels....**** or not?

Discussion in 'Detailing' started by 1animal1, May 11, 2009.

1. 1animal1

1animal1 The Clar!! it mouves!!! VCDS Map User

[May 11, 2009]
    I bought a pack of these a few months back on the promise that they would be loads better than my synthetic shammy.... all i can say is pap... they do dry the car but always leave holograms where i HAVE to polish the damn thing after every wash...i switched back this weekend to my trusty shammy....

This annoys me as i have the full wash kit now, snow foam, clays, detailing brushes, werkstat etc etc and this is the only thing that isnt working....for £17 they are absolute ****... i wash them after 4-5 uses yet still they reamin pants on the first dry after their wash.

Has anyone else had the same experiance with these things?
  2. Ads

Ads

[Jan 26, 2015]

3. Jimmeh

Jimmeh Active Member

[May 11, 2009]
    Interesting to hear Tim.

I've only ever heard good things about them?

I'm currently using a Miracle Dryer - seems fine. :)

Good to hear from you anyway, hope you're well.
  4. Toxic

Toxic Member

[May 12, 2009]
  5. 1animal1

[May 12, 2009]
    Ello mate!! alls well at this end....ows the business going?

Yeah i was very disappointed, i posted in the hope someone would pop up and suggest what im doing wrong with the damn thing - what do you use to dry?

Cheers Toxic, i made the mistake of straying away from PB's tried and tested items to my demise..... genuinely thought the der wunder's would be the nuts after the reviews on Dworld..... might be worth mentioning i gave the 2nd towel to my neighbour as didnt think id need two.... dunno if your supposed to use them in tandom.... instructions said one per car if i recall
  6. Fast,not furious

Fast,not furious Dealing with an OCD

[May 12, 2009]
    Erm,well i haven't used these,but HAVE found that for best results,hose your car down with an open ended hose (ie without a hozelock multi spray thingy) This flood of water will help pull more water off the surface,leaving less to mop up. Use your towel to mop,rather than wipe,as it will also lessen the chances of inflicting any slight damage to the paint (it can happen!)

If you're still seeing dried water residue,give it a quick buff with a clean microfibre and some quick detail spray - your paintwork will look even shinier!

Hope this helps mate!
  7. Jimmeh

Jimmeh Active Member

[May 12, 2009]
    Nice tip with the water-sheeting there "Fast, no furious".

Makes a massive difference. (If the car is well protected in the first place..)

Going well thanks Tim. Will catch up properly soon.

I use the Miracle Dryer Tim. That confident with the towels that I've started to bundle my own kits together to sell as an After-care kit to mny customers - this towel included.
  8. 1animal1

[May 13, 2009]
    cheers fast, will give that a try as pressure washer will obviously leave residue of water behind.....

yeah defo Jim, have to get another day sorted once ive got my bodywork done..... and when you get a sat free :)
  9. Jimmeh

Jimmeh Active Member

[May 13, 2009]
  10. Dipesh

Dipesh New Member

[May 13, 2009]
    I find by going over the window's first, then over the whole car works better then straight to the car.

I also use Dodo Juice time to dry, makes drying so easy and safer.
  11. 1animal1

[May 14, 2009]
    cheers guys...i might use my megs detailer.....bought a new container of the stuff to use with my clay and have hardly touched it since......