1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Depreciation, RX8

petewon Jul 8, 2007

1. petewon

petewon Member

Well Ive been looking for months at something to replace my A4, Im currently between A3 2.0FSI and 1 series (breadvan) I also have been today to look at an RX8 although totaly different to the other two I quite like it. The price was £12.5k, 2004, 18k on the clock, the RRP on this is about 20k. That seems quite a big drop on the first 3 years, Im just wondering how much I should expect to loose over the next 3 years compared to somthing like and A3 or BMW.

Its the smaller 190 version. I have drove it and it had no torque in the lower rev range but quite pokey when it was going. I was quite taken by it.

The engines supposed to be very reliable compared to the RX7 but I hear that Mazdas claim of 26mpg is very optimistic.

Anyone got any opinions on these cars?

Cheers :thumbsup:

2. silver75

silver75 Big Ron

Ive seen 53 plate ones for less than 10 grand I dont think they will lose much more than that though

3. petewon

petewon Member

Cheers Silver.:thumbsup:

I'm really tempted by this but after reading a bit more on the owners club forum I'm just not sure if I can deal with the running costs and possible reliability issues. Back to the drawing board me thinks.:(