1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dent!

Discussion in 'Detailing' started by Fast,not furious, May 1, 2009.

1. Fast,not furious

Fast,not furious Dealing with an OCD

[May 1, 2009]
    I finally got round to doing my last bit of machine polishing today...and dropped my DA on the roof!

Can anyone recommend a dent guy in the Leeds/West Yorkshire area?

I've got a small dent about the size of a pea in the roof,about 6 inches from the rear spoiler,now't major i know,but being on a horizontal surface,it catches my eye! No paint damage though,so i guess thats something!
  2. Ads

Ads

[Dec 21, 2014]

3. Broken Byzan

Broken Byzan Photographic Moderator Staff Member Moderator VCDS Map User

[May 4, 2009]
    Thats unlucky, google "chips away" in your area mate
  4. Fast,not furious

[May 4, 2009]
    Yeah,i've googled,just wondered if anyone had good experiences as i've had bad!
  5. fingermouse

fingermouse thats me

[May 4, 2009]
    my dad had a small dent in the roof and the dent man couldn`t do it, looked like it had been hit with a high heal shoe tbh. They have to strip all the head lining out to get to it so there is a lot of labour involved. My dad ended up taking it to a bodyshop we use and getting it sorted there as it worked out cheaper.
  6. Fast,not furious

[May 4, 2009]
    mmm,that's what i figured might need to be done...just seen something interesting though...heating the area with a hair drier,then frrezing it! The dent just pops out...not sure if it'll work on something so small though....

...goes to get ice cubes...:idea:
  7. fingermouse

fingermouse thats me

[May 4, 2009]
    seen that also all depands if the dent is a stretch dent or a slight dip
  8. KarenCaren

KarenCaren Member

[May 15, 2009]
    Small dent is harder to fix. But I think if expensive body can fix it for you. Since you are paying expensive.

By the way, I been in the Philippines and my Filipino friend told me he knows a good dent remover because I put a dent on the rented car I have. The fix is just 1hr with hammer.

9. Fast,not furious

[May 15, 2009]
    I got it sorted - DentVanish did the job for me.

The guy took about half an hour i suppose,although he couldn't totally remove it as it was right over a reinforcing rib! Typical me!
    I learnt Audi's have triple skin roofs,but luckily he was able to manouvre his tool throgh a small hole (oo-errr!) and managed to push the dent up either side of the rib,then tapped it back down.

I can still just about make it out,as i know it was there (and being on the roof,it's more noticeable) but i doubt anyone else would spot it! It shows up as a slight blemish now.

Anyway,top job considering,and £25...so i'm happy (they quote 'from £34'...)