1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dent in strange place!

Discussion in 'Detailing' started by Nickpap, Mar 3, 2008.

1. Nickpap

Nickpap Member

[Mar 3, 2008]
    Hi there,

I am looking to buy an Audi S3, 03 plate. The bodywork is in excellent condition other than a little dent between the B and C pillar above the rear window (So not on the roof panel, but the panel that goes around the window and touches the roof panel) - I hope that makes sense.

It is very small, like someone just pushed thier finger on it and left a dent their.

I know its not a big deal, but small things like that annoy me.

does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 18, 2014]

3. TFSI

TFSI Born to Fish

[Mar 3, 2008]
    My 1st A3 was 5 days old when a lady :no: TT driver opened her door onto the rear panel.
    Only a very slight dent but everytime i went to the car i would look at it so it had to go.
    Used the guy that Audi get in to remove dents and it was rolled/pushed out from the inside and looked perfect for £30.

In your location i would say its probably a filler/paint job but it may be worth an enquiry to a dent man
  4. Nickpap

Nickpap Member

[Mar 3, 2008]
    It is in a difficult place, and I dont fancy a fill and paint job, I think it will always show up different to the rest of the car pannels.....probably puts people, if I then try to sell the car.
  5. james b

james b Member

[Mar 3, 2008]
    Could try a PDR dent guy they may be able to get there

When i saw this thread title, i thought you where going to say in your wallet LOL
  6. Nickpap

Nickpap Member

[Mar 3, 2008]
    He he...well, I am buying the car on Wednesday, and that will definatley leave a £12k dent in my wallet.
  7. Longman

Longman vassdignostics.co.uk

[Mar 3, 2008]
    I had a Clio 172 a while ago and that had a really small but visible dend in the front door window frame. When I went to get some scratches sorted, I mentioned it to them.

They said that, unless there is some way to get the other side of it to push it out, then its difficult not to make a problem worse. Sometimes filling and painting can make is more visible, depending the colour.

I ended up leaving it there...