dension pro bt problems

stevieb_170tdiquattro

Reaction score
I've just brought a dension pro bt GWP1AC1 for my 2011 A3 concert radio, had major problems fitting it and and then stupidly forgetting that the radio will want the code after its been unplugged which of course i didn't have but anyway that problem has now been sorted and I've now got accesses to the radio.

however I'm having problems with the unit itself and I'm not sure if it or my car needs to be coded? its something I've read about but not sure exactly what it is. basically the problem I'm having is that when i select cd on my stereo its just still going into aux instead of going into cd changer mode and selecting my dension unit as i believe the unit should. I've got my iPod plugged into it currently and I'm getting the white dension on the screen on the iPod so something is working, I've also tried a usb stick with music on but its not reading that either.

I'm able to connect my phone to the unit via bluetooth for calls only but its not playing music via bluetooth either.

anywayone have any ideas?

further to the above I've now removed the unit as it took away my steering wheel radio controls when the unit was fitted..... no idea why, could it be the incorrect one for my car?