1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dension model's confusing

J0N35Y Apr 21, 2012

1. J0N35Y

J0N35Y Member

Afternoon all, I'm looking for some help here as I've made a bit of a booboo and ended up with the wrong Dension adapter for my car.

It all started when I bought an Xcarlink adapter. This started playing up, found a wire had come out. Repaired it and it's still playing up every now and again. So I decided to go for a Dension instead, that's where it all got a bit confusing!!

I bought one second hand thinking it would fit my stereo but low and behold.......it doesn't fit :0(

I have a B7 A4 Avant with Bose and Symphony HU. This has the in dash 6 cd changer installed.

The adapter I have in front of me has a different connector that goes into the head unit. I'm presuming that if I had a separate cd changer this would fit perfectly?

Could anybody please lead me to the correct adapter that I require? Maybe somebody who has the same setup as me or someone who is switched on about these systems??

I just don't want to end up buying the wrong thing again.

As for the Dension I have, it's up for sale. Just want my money back on it.

Pm me for details.

Thanks in advance

Mark

2. s8craig

s8craig Well-Known Member VCDS Map User

How old is the B7, does the symphony II have a tape player and 6 CD or just the 6 CD.

GW100-AC1 is the Quadlock connections model for Symphony II+ with 6 CD only
    GW100-AC2 is the ISO connections model for Symohony II with Tape deck and 6 CD

3. J0N35Y

J0N35Y Member

55 plate B7. Thanks for your reply mate. It has a tape deck too. So that's the one i need then.

4. J0N35Y

J0N35Y Member

Just a quick one, would i be able to replace just the harness or can i only buy the whole thing?

5. J0N35Y

J0N35Y Member

I've just noticed that the model i require says the car has to have steering wheel controls. Is this correct or will it still work? I don't have steering wheel control :0(

6. daddycool

daddycool New Member

Id imagine the only difference is the harness as dension sell them on there own, I think there called a break out cable or something

7. J0N35Y

J0N35Y Member

I can't seem to find one anywhere, care to share???

8. daddycool

daddycool New Member

Give them a call. I bought a second hand dension gateway 100 that cam with both ISO & quadlock harness