1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dension ice>Link Plus for iPod

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by wilko, Mar 7, 2005.

1. wilko

wilko Top Gear

Can anyone tell me if it's possible to connect the Dension iPod link with a 6 Disc CD Changer and Concert II??

If not what the recomended solution? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue_out.gif

2. popeye

popeye New Member

Just a quick, simple question -I think.

What are the inputs on the back of a Concert II system for an iPod? Are there any simple phono inputs, or is it a more complicated arrangement?

3. djoblong

djoblong Member

It looks like a series of small squares, about 6 long, in two rows on top of each other. I think this is a standard car audio connection.

4. popeye

popeye New Member

Is it possible to buy a cable that will connect the iPod (via the 3.5 mm jack socket) to the stereo?

I'm trying to connect it on the cheap ie. without buying an ice>Link. I have an iTrip, but the sound quality isn't great.

5. dorgan

dorgan Member

I suppose if your headunit has those red and white connectors (Cinch/RCA) on the back you could try to use one of those cables with Cinch/RCA on one end and the headphone type connection on the other. You would have no control over the iPod with the HU though. Not sure about sound quality.

6. djoblong

djoblong Member

Popeye - with the ice->Link you don't HAVE to buy the cradle you can just get the cable. I found the iTrip is completely WOEFUL in London because there literally is not one frequency that is completely devoid of radio signal. Outside of London, say in Cornwall, I have managed to get a decent transmission but still squelchy. Funny because it worked fine when I lived in Los Angeles.
    Check out the following links for ice->Link info:

www.ihavetohave.it
    (for ordering the various pieces of the kit)
    http://forums.ipodlounge.com/showthread....&highlight=audi
    (for how to install it)