dension GWpro BT and MFSW tel answering issues.

Charlie Farley

Chilling out.
Staff member
VCDS Map User
Reaction score
As in the title really chaps, after a right old messup with an oem audi BT kit that was knackered for a better word I picked an almost new Dension GWpro BT kit a few days ago which to be honest will be fine for my needs at present but I do have a small issue with it.
all fitted fine and BT has all paired up nicely, music playback etc all working fine as is phone connectivity, but , I cant seem to answer the incoming calls via the steering wheel.
tried all buttons but zippo, by some chance do I need to run vcds to activate a function to facilate incoming call answering etc, car has never had BT so I would assume that any sort of phone connectivity via the mfsw will not be active by default, can anyone clarify this for me and where those functions are located within the vcds sections.
cheers
rob

Try this Rob http://www.dension.com/files/products/gateway_pro_bt_-_install_guide_0.pdf

7. ENABLING

The Gateway Pro emulates a CD
changer (in most cases) therefore
generally no programming is required or
the Pro is capable to do activation
during the first Power ON circle
(typically on Peugeot).
On CAN BAP based systems (like
RCD310, 510 or RNS510) the Pro
emulates the factory MDI (Multimedia
Interface) and Telephone option which
needs to be coded since Model Year
2011. If your vehicle has not been
programmed before, the Media Player 3(2E)
andTelephone (7E) options have to be coded
in order for the Pro to work correctly.
Please note: Programming is
not required if your vehicle had those
options enabled before.

As in the title really chaps, after a right old messup with an oem audi BT kit that was knackered for a better word I picked an almost new Dension GWpro BT kit a few days ago which to be honest will be fine for my needs at present but I do have a small issue with it.
all fitted fine and BT has all paired up nicely, music playback etc all working fine as is phone connectivity, but , I cant seem to answer the incoming calls via the steering wheel.
tried all buttons but zippo, by some chance do I need to run vcds to activate a function to facilate incoming call answering etc, car has never had BT so I would assume that any sort of phone connectivity via the mfsw will not be active by default, can anyone clarify this for me and where those functions are located within the vcds sections.
cheers
rob
To answer I just have to click in the left roller wheel. Never had an issue answering it from there.
With VCDS you do get some errors that the phone is unreachable when its not connected via BT.

thanks for the input chaps, had a snoop on the dension support page earlier, turns out to be a common issue with audi's, so they recommended a download of the latest firmware so hopefully that will resolve the problem.

rob