denison gwp1ac1 unit on a4 b7 avant

conal

Reaction score
Has anyone fitted the above gateway to there rnse unit that could answer a few questions for me

Has anyone fitted the above gateway to there rnse unit that could answer a few questions for me

I have a GW100 fitted....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Has yours got aux bluetooth and ipod/Iphone connection and have you experienced any problems I've been looking at the gwp1ac1 unit bet to get aux I need to also ext1cp2 which has a reset on it but I've read that to fit both of these you also need another cable to be able to use the factory rnse satnav with it, and I've also read reviews of people saying it doesn't work how it should

Mine just connects to the CD changer port on the RSNE making CDs redundant. You then control the iPod through the head unit/steering wheel. It only shows track names on the display on the instruments and not on the RSNE screen which is a bit disappointing but other than that it does it's job really well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So does yours do all of the above? Plays tracks from ipod/Iphone give aux output and bluetooth? As I have original factory ipod port and as you said it on shows track info on the display not on the rnse, and I don't have the cd changer but was going to retro fit one as it's annoying that you can play Cd's whilst have the nav disc in, so does what you installed let you use the sat nav whilst listening to music through the gw100

Sorry for the late reply. The GW100 lets you play music from an iPod/iPhone whilst using the sat nav. The nav voice volume can be adjusted independently but the music volume goes down slightly during instructions and mutes totally during phone calls. You can also connect any other music device that has a 3.5mm headphone output but you have to control it from the device itself. There's no Bluetooth capability on the GW100.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Ahh ok the only reason I want the above unit is for bluetooth as I don't have bluetooth as standard in my a4