1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Deleting the armrest (S3 8L 2002)

grenachenoir Apr 28, 2013

1. grenachenoir

grenachenoir New Member

I have a 2002 8L S3 with the Recaro black leather interior. The armrest has the common failure of the button to lower it. I am not sure I would ever use the armrest anyway so would like to just "delete" it entirely. Is there a blanking plate available to replace the armrest? Has anyone else done something similar and has a good solution to this?

Cheers,

2. JD09

JD09 I'm not modding, I'm improving VCDS Map User

It's just a rubber bit, like a small mat (same as the longitudinal one under the handbrake). Think I've still got mine from when I retro fitted mine.

P.s I'd take the armrest leather but off your hands if you're looking to sell?

3. grenachenoir

grenachenoir New Member

If you have the bit to hide the hole then I'd be happy to do you a fair price on the armrest. Bear in mind it doesn't "work" at the moment - but otherwise is in good condition. What did you have in mind? Cheers,
    Adam

4. s33nyboy12

s33nyboy12 Well-Known Member

£15 repair kit to fix it from Audi direct and about 20 mins job with a torx 7 driver just 4 small bolts.

want a how to p.m me I did guzzy's last month for him.

then a oem Audi armrest would fetch £60 in classifieds on here.......approx

Sean

5. 16Klappe

16Klappe I <3 Panda's! Supporter

Why do people refer to the removal of anything on a VAG car as "deleting", whilst it is grammatically correct it is properly properly weird.

N249 delete, PCV delete, rear wiper delete, armrest delete, the other day I head some bloke saying he was going to "delete" his orange indicators.

s33nyboy12 likes this.
  6. @udi A3

@udi A3 Site Sponsor Site Sponsor VCDS Map User

A guide including part numbers would be usefull!!

7. grenachenoir

grenachenoir New Member

You are probably right 16Klappe - I just go with the flow! When I searched for "removal" I got nowhere!

16Klappe likes this.
  8. s33nyboy12

s33nyboy12 Well-Known Member

I don't have a guide with part numbers exactly but pm me and I'll reply with my knowledge :)

when you been on here a bit longer you will realise jaardo is always right :-D ! Ain't that right jaardo ;-)

Sean, p.s you can have that in your sig