1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Default DIS display?

Lapchien66 Feb 21, 2010

1. Lapchien66

Lapchien66 New Member

Whenever I start up my A3 I get the navigation display in the DIS, and I have to click it over 3 times to get back to the 'normal' temp, miles remaining etc display. Can you set the DIS so that it displays this latter view by default, instead of the NAV each time?

Thanks

Lapchien

2. Khufu

Khufu Well-Known Member

On mine the navigation only comes on in the DIS when you have a route selected. If you cancel any route on the RS-E it should start on the normal DIS

3. DJAlix

DJAlix VAG Car Coding Site Sponsor Team Ibis VAG Can Professional VCDS Map User Gold Supporter quattro ODIS (Offboard Diagnostic System)

Not tested it myself, but I think I remember reading something about turning the compass display off in the RNS-E might sort this.

4. matt_white88

matt_white88 Member

Is it possible to retro fit a DIS display?

5. andykn

andykn Member

I've heard that, if you have DSG, the DIS is fitted to show the gear and can be fully activated using VAG-COM (VCDS) coding.

6. Khufu

Khufu Well-Known Member

You will have errors for any sensors you are missing though eg, screen wash level etc.

7. matt_white88

matt_white88 Member

Ah I have not got DSG will have to give this a miss then and get it on my next A3, had it on a MKV Golf as a courtsey car and really like the DIS.