1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Decisions, decisions.... To Revo/BSR or not to Revo/BSR?

Discussion in 'A4/S4 forum(B5 Chassis)' started by Keyser Soze, May 20, 2011.

1. Keyser Soze

Keyser Soze Member

[May 20, 2011]
    As some peeps may already know, I'm currently rebuilding an 01 X A4 1.8T Sport Avant auto in Ebony Black Pearl which had a blown turbo. Sump dropped & cleaned, new oil pump, new strainer, new oil feed line & return line for the turbo, new 710N, new N75, new Crankcase breather line and finally a new turbo! Alongside this a new timing belt, tensioner & idler, new alternator & ac belts & tensioners and a full complement of new filters spark plugs have all been fitted. The auto box has been flushed, new filter fitted and fresh new Audi ATF filled. Finally will be fitting a full complement of Brembo max Discs & Brembo pads onto which will be fitted the freshly refurbed & fininshed set of 17" Avus I picked up off the bay of e which have now been shod with brand spanking new 225/45 17" Y Goodyear Eagle F1's today.

I'd like to ask the question, do peeps think that it would be worth me having the ECU stage 1 mapped? I've been looking at two different options, a Stage 1 remap from Revo (TRL Developments http://www.trldevelopments.co.uk/revo ) which would give me approx +45 Bhp & +65 lbft increase over stock or the BSR PPC Stage 1 route ( Audi A4 1.8T 2WD 2001 150Hp Stage 1 - Tuning kit, performance parts, ecu upgrade )with +46 Bhp & +97 lbft increase over stock. The REVO option costs approx £299 and the BSR comes in at €671 (£585).

I quite like the idea of having extra power & torque being released, I also like the PPC idea of being able to upload/download the map/standard as & when wanted (within reason) but I'm unsure as to which would be the better option for me, to leave as stock or to have mapped? :sadlike:
    Last edited: May 20, 2011
  2. Ads

Ads

[Nov 24, 2014]

3. aragorn

aragorn "Stick a V8 in it!" Staff Member Moderator VCDS Map User

[May 20, 2011]
    It transforms the car, no idea how well it will work with the slush box though.
  4. Keyser Soze

Keyser Soze Member

[May 21, 2011]
    Out of the two options I'm looking at, only BSR mentions anything in regards to the suitability of their map to a slush box equipped car.
  5. aragorn

aragorn "Stick a V8 in it!" Staff Member Moderator VCDS Map User

[May 21, 2011]
    Yet the revo map claims less torque so its likely to be more transmission friendly?
  6. dest

dest Member

[May 21, 2011]
    Id rather get a custom map from MRC for example, then you can have a say in how it performs in relation to the box
  7. AndyC

AndyC Moderator Staff Member Moderator

[May 21, 2011]
    The torque delivery is simple to control, if you need to maintain box integrity then a smooth progressive boost curve (minors torque) will see you fine. Boxes only really struggle with rate of change.