Dechromed!

S3-Chris

If its not broke....break it!!
Reaction score
Got round the chrome round the windows wrapped :)
Maybe just me, but I think it looks awesome!
Before and after pic....

Reactions: Keef, ScottishA4B9, DrSasso and 5 others
I would agree with you but from a distance does it not just look like rubber ?

Looks nice mate, I much prefer this look over chrome.

Reactions: S3-Chris
Yeah - i got a matt wrap - as rubber is matt finish - even up close it looks OEM.

Looks well against the red good job!.. I noticed on the new A4s they offer a new optic black which is like gloss black, it looks well! :)

I like the black look especially with red, I wouldnt of had mine any other way ;-)

Reactions: NVM and S3-Chris
I have the black optic pack on mine.
Window frames, roof rails and front grill.

3B8C29E3-3847-43FB-BE64-27A6F0FBF25E_zps6gwzkxqe.jpg

3A3BD3FB-EE09-4C85-92BC-097CBD3107F8_zpsantz8tdf.jpg

looks good, although i like the chrome, but yours looks good against the red :thumbs up:

Looks just like a Black Edition. Good work ;)

6 hours?! Either he's very anal and a perfectionist..... Or had a lot of tea breaks xD Hehe but then again... Never done it so that could be fast for all I know ;)

But me likes!

Looks good on the red buddy, I would ditch the silver mirrors though, they look out of place

Looks great, much better IMO, £70 seems a good price, thinking about doing the same to my B8 Avant though I can'd decide how it would look with the roof bars also. Anyone done this on an Avant?

Looks great, much better IMO, £70 seems a good price, thinking about doing the same to my B8 Avant though I can'd decide how it would look with the roof bars also. Anyone done this on an Avant?
61010046.jpg

audi-a4-avant-2-0-tdi-177-ps-black-edition-avant-68462604-1.jpg

all I did was Google A4 Avant Black Edition ;)

lol, thanks, I guess I was a bit lazy! But I was also wondering whether vinyl wraps when viewed up close looked a bit cheap and tacky, and like the car was trying to make out it was something it was not. Same as say putting an S-line badge on the back of an SE car.

I don't think anyone can argue the Black edition cars don't look great!

Buy a reel of black insulating tape and have a play about. If you don't like the look just peel it off.

6 hours that's a long time

It's amazing how I had to pay extra to have the chrome pack on my B6 so didn't bother, but now everyone is paying extra to de-chrome their B8's. I think the black makes the car look mean, but I don't like the black rails on the Avant. It reminds me too much of the basic 3 series tourer with its black plastic rails. But then if only the rails were chrome it would look really stupid!

On my black edition they are gloss black and they do look nice when cleaned and polished ....

Maybe that's just it. My car is rarely clean. You've only got to drive a Lava Grey car onto the road after washing and its dirty again, so I wouldn't benefit from polished black parts anyway!!