1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Decent Motors TV S3 Review

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by JamS3, May 5, 2007.

1. JamS3

JamS3 Active Member

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. normski

normski Member

Hadn't seen it before, so nice one.

A pretty fair and balanced review I thought.

4. copperband

copperband Member

An interesting watch, still not convinced by the Orange as a viable colour though!!

5. stevec

stevec Member

Great review. Interesting note on the brakes. I've not yet had to use them hard enough to notice any fade, is their much? I can't believe looking at the huge lump of cast iron I have that it is likely to fade at all...

Interesting note about the ABS too, does that perhaps answer the questions about the sometimes skittish nature of the car as noted by other drivers here?

6. normski

normski Member

I think when driven hard the brakes on most production cars will fade over a short period of excessive application. Some of the cars we "thrape" at work have comp. brakes because of this and you still get fade after a while on a long run.

As for the ABS, I assume that he meant when you actually apply the breaks they come on a little early sometimes. When you say skittishness what do you mean? I have only seen mention of the front understeering when reaching the limit sometimes on a good curve, and the rear stepping out on one or two peoples S3's under heavy braking.