1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Decent headunits for VAG?

Discussion in 'Volkswagen and other VAG' started by JayB5UK, Aug 26, 2008.

1. JayB5UK

JayB5UK Member

Hi all, has anyone recently bought a new headunit to go in their car. I have a Passat with the Blue lighting / red button dash and I'm looking at buying a new MP3 / bluetooth Headunit to replace the Gamma / 6CD set-up.

I am torn between a few different ones, Blaupunkt MP68 / couple of Kenwoods and the Pioneer DEH-P BT700 (or similar)

Has anyone got any of these in their car and how well do they match the car. I am getting old and want something that blends in well and doesn't have too many flashing lights and logos etc.

Cheers for any responses....
  2. S3mad

S3mad Dark Knight

dont upgrade ,

get a xcarlink ,

http://www.xcarlink.co.uk

3. mac1403

mac1403 Member

Depends how much you want to spend? I know I have posted this before but the Becker cascade pro is excellent. Bluetooth hands free phone, wap, Mp3, ipod connection, sat nav, Sim card slot (if req) and loads of other cool bit including vario colour choice.

[​IMG]
  4. Oranoco

Oranoco Well-Known Member

nomad has a Becker in his Audi A4 (B5) and it blends in superbly well and has a lovelly sound to it.

I've always been a huge fan of Kenwoods and as such replaced my aging PS1077R with one of these;

[​IMG]

It lasted 4 days before it decided it didn't want to illuminate or play any CD. I took it back and swapped it for this unit which was more pricey.

[​IMG]

This was better and it lasted a whole 2 weeks :(. After that I got the hump with Kenwood got my money back and got this which has been faultless.

[​IMG]
  5. andyccr

andyccr 2003 1.8T Sport Ebony Black A4 Cabriolet

9812RBs are well old now, hope you got it for the right money !
    4x60w V-drive units were a pain in the arse - I hope you have wired it correctly direct to the battery otherwise you'll have no warranty.