Decatting a s3

Goubo1

Reaction score
Seen a decat pipe for an s3 and was wondering if I fitted it would there be any running problems or just throw a light on the dash but the car will still be ok ?

what's your engine code mate? Mines an APY (so no post-cat lamda sensor) and everything is fine with my decat

i put one on my amk s3 i put a lambder space on and never had a light or problem . its for sale i might add as ive since fitted a 3inch downpipe and sports cat

It's a apy with mtm k26 conversion it has a sport cat on it just now I believe but wanting to go decat as my mates stage 2 s3 sounds wicked decatted

Would have thought a 3" downpipe will probably make a big difference as the mtm kit retains the split/dual cat setup

There still must be a gain in running a decat though as its going to be less restrictive than a cat ;)

Would have thought a 3" downpipe will probably make a big difference as the mtm kit retains the split/dual cat setup

There still must be a gain in running a decat though as its going to be less restrictive than a cat ;)

a better downpipe is on my list mate,am I right in thinking the mtm one has a rather sharp/tight bend when it comes of the turbo ? As I seen a picture of one and I'm sure it was of one of a mtm k26.

just I seen a decat for sale mate so was thinking on buying it

yer seem to be better but a pig to fit and pricey . only worth it if like me your going for a stage 2 map