1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Decatting a s3

Goubo1 May 23, 2013

1. Goubo1

Goubo1 Well-Known Member

Seen a decat pipe for an s3 and was wondering if I fitted it would there be any running problems or just throw a light on the dash but the car will still be ok ?

2. Squirrelofdoom

Squirrelofdoom Member

what's your engine code mate? Mines an APY (so no post-cat lamda sensor) and everything is fine with my decat

3. cecilthesausage

cecilthesausage ...It's Never Finished...

Mine was the same.... John Ashley Exhausts....

4. harvey01

harvey01 Member

i put one on my amk s3 i put a lambder space on and never had a light or problem . its for sale i might add as ive since fitted a 3inch downpipe and sports cat

5. Goubo1

Goubo1 Well-Known Member

It's a apy with mtm k26 conversion it has a sport cat on it just now I believe but wanting to go decat as my mates stage 2 s3 sounds wicked decatted

6. jojo

jojo Looking for Boost! Staff Member Moderator Team Daytona Audi S3 quattro Audi A6 Audi Avant Owner Group

Much difference with the additional 3" downpipe?

7. StaceyS3

StaceyS3 Well-Known Member

Would have thought a 3" downpipe will probably make a big difference as the mtm kit retains the split/dual cat setup

There still must be a gain in running a decat though as its going to be less restrictive than a cat ;)

8. Goubo1

Goubo1 Well-Known Member

a better downpipe is on my list mate,am I right in thinking the mtm one has a rather sharp/tight bend when it comes of the turbo ? As I seen a picture of one and I'm sure it was of one of a mtm k26.

just I seen a decat for sale mate so was thinking on buying it

9. harvey01

harvey01 Member

yer seem to be better but a pig to fit and pricey . only worth it if like me your going for a stage 2 map