1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

debadging rear HELP

Discussion in 'A4/S4 forum(B5 Chassis)' started by A4Steve, May 8, 2003.

1. A4Steve

A4Steve Guest

hi peeps

after reading the audiworld forums ive decided to do a few more mods, beetle sunglasses, s4 aluminium trim, but firstly debadge (leaving just the rings)

this is the method ive read in basic: Heat up badge using hairdryer until feels hot then use dental floss to prise away

My problem is that the yanks have used a product called "goo gone" to remove the adhesive left over- but dont think that is available in uk

Does anyone know any equivalants in uk that wont damage paintwork?? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/hug.gif

thx yaseen
    red Rieger kitted 95 a4

2. RichA3Turbo

RichA3Turbo ...Watching you!
    Staff Member Moderator

Pur a few jugs of boiling water over the badge, and if that dnt move it, then use a hair dryer...

Use a thing called 'stick stuff remover' which surprisingly, removes sticky stuff... its based on citric acid(lemon juice) so wont damage the paint work... use a bit of t-cut after and then polish over it...

Rich

3. DavidR

DavidR Active Member

Auto glym tar remover does the trick too

4. anwar

anwar Member

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

5. anwar

anwar Member

Hi
    Mate
    Myself I used auto GLYM tar removal its work on car paint like a magic so used that & its good for any mark on the car it wont damage you paint work as well. only 3.99
    Sorry rich but t cut it’s not good for car paint after some time it’s got bad effects on paint. Try this but still you have to rub hard.

6. CARACTERE007

CARACTERE007 Member

or u can just use lighter fluid!....works a treat!...ex artist used this stuff on really delicate stuff before and its been fine, did it on my a3 worked really well!...trust me its fine ...and it was only a quid! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/heart.gif

7. Joules

Joules New Member

Silicone eater, for removing old sealant will remove all of the adhesive too. It is non harmful to most surfaces ie plastic cabinets etc etc.

Joules

8. A4Steve

A4Steve Guest

Thx for all the replies

rear now de-badged, was very easy and straightforward, badges came of easily, and Autoglym tar remover took glue off with no trouble - excellent product

looks much better /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/1luvu.gif

yaseen

9. audia4.36

audia4.36 audi a4.36

Two packets of floss later and the car was badgeless, although it may of been a bit cold when i did it,(2 degrees), still car looks better for it, dont think i'll be removing the rings, mite look a bit too bare. Thanks for the info.J:tumble:

10. InfamousAudi

InfamousAudi DownShifter

Got mine off with some fishing line wire and some good ol fashion elbow grease. I left the rings and the T sport symbol