1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dear Doctor

Discussion in 'A4/A4 cabriolet/S4 forum(B6 chassis)' started by DieselJake, Jan 24, 2014.

1. DieselJake

DieselJake God Mode

Motor's a 1.9tdi and problem being with WOT the car will either choke and die or accelerate very very slowly then all of a sudden blast off leaving a huge cloud of smoke. This was an intermittent problem... infact it was so intermittent that the car broke down and had to be towed back not working for a few days then somehow sprung back into life, took it to a garage but the car was back working so it was hard to identify a problem haha. Just wondering if anyone could help identify what's with this.

Intend to block the egr as it's fully clogged, but surely although may have some relevance it's not the entire problem :think:

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Av4nt

Av4nt Well-Known Member
    Team Brill Red quattro Audi S4

Have you checked the flap mechanism in the egr (the valve) if its that clogged? If its stuck closed it will choke out and smog the road lol. Mine snapped off and got lodged inside the unit and it just went berserk! ended up in limp mode unable to drive. New EGR and she was a gooden

4. desertstorm

desertstorm Well-Known Member
    Audi A4

Could be several things causing that kind of issue. Faulty MAF, EGR issues, fuel supply problems.
    When was the last time the fuel filter was changed? . Try disconnecting the MAF next time it does it and see how it goes.

Karl.

5. DieselJake

DieselJake God Mode

Cheers, that sounds very similar as mine also goes into limp mode, maybe the problem is more related to the EGR than I thought.

Had it changed just over a year back (intend to have it done again soon). Trying to get in touch with Chris (adamss24) as he had an allard delete pipe which was going to be fitted but no such luck getting in touch with him. Taking it to Darkside next week for a new clutch so if they have spare time I'll ask them to take a look then get them to blank it and clean the MAF.

6. adamss24

adamss24 Well-Known Member

I am very busy Jake...too much work and not enough hours in the day ! Pop in Monday and i will have a look for you at your car...