1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dealer re-flash of ECU

Discussion in 'Revo Technik' started by Shadowman, Dec 29, 2011.

1. Shadowman

Shadowman Active Member

[Dec 29, 2011]
    Hi,

If I have a stage 1 tune on my 2012 Audi S3 and the Audi dealers then have a manufacturers re-flash of the ecu (as I have had happen before ), what is the procedure for returning the engine to stage 1 again ?

If I have the SPS, do i download the new Audi map and send it off to you for a further/new upgrade ( and if so is it free of charge ), or wouldi have to effetively start again and be charged for a second re-map, or would the original map still work ok and would simply need to be uploaded again ?

Many thanks
  2. Ads

Ads

[Dec 26, 2014]

3. RevoKev

RevoKev in the fast lane

[Jan 3, 2012]
    Hi there, you can go back to your Revo dealer and have the new Revo version of software loaded onto your ECU. Factory updates are FOC from Revo however dealers do reserve the right to charge for their time. The first thing they would do is check the ECU ID and software version to make sure it has actually been updated.
    Just so you're aware the SPS is a Serial Port Switch, it's not a flashing device so cannot be used to update files in your ECU.
  4. Shadowman

Shadowman Active Member

[Jan 3, 2012]
    Many thank Kev.