Dealer leniency? If any...

SamP97

Reaction score
Hi all,

My local dealership has a black RS3 saloon that's been on the forecourt since release, must be 6 months ish now? Was specced to match the brochure Audi released announcing the saloon if anyone saw it, panther plack, alu styling pack, red calipers...

I'm guessing people are scared off by the £50k price tag? Considering they've had well specced S4's and S5's around that figure?

Anyway, this long on the forecourt, time to be cheeky? Or no point asking?

Cheers

Hi all,

My local dealership has a black RS3 saloon that's been on the forecourt since release, must be 6 months ish now? Was specced to match the brochure Audi released announcing the saloon if anyone saw it, panther plack, alu styling pack, red calipers...

I'm guessing people are scared off by the £50k price tag? Considering they've had well specced S4's and S5's around that figure?

Anyway, this long on the forecourt, time to be cheeky? Or no point asking?

Cheers
If you don't ask you don't get...

Reactions: Thundercliffe81, Audi Bairn and Sandra
If you don’t ask you don’t get.

Reactions: Thundercliffe81 and Audi Bairn
You might aswell try it on! sometimes the best time is just before the reg changes. I would be tempted by a cheeky offer of £45 or something if you were interested. I've rang a dealer before and not even test drove it and just said - if i offered xxx would be in the region of talking? He said no so i just said thanks for time and left my number.

Fair point guys, yeah think I'm going to throw some sort of figure in there, got to bare in mind my S3 is only 5 months old! But got 15% discount on that so after taking an initial hit, neg eq shouldn't be too bad.

Out of interest, do you guys know what they would likely do as a dealership if more and more time elapsed?

Reactions: Thundercliffe81
Fair point guys, yeah think I'm going to throw some sort of figure in there, got to bare in mind my S3 is only 5 months old! But got 15% discount on that so after taking an initial hit, neg eq shouldn't be too bad.

Out of interest, do you guys know what they would likely do as a dealership if more and more time elapsed?

Use your knowledge of how long the car has been on the forecourt as a bargain chip/some leverage. The worst they can say is a simple no.

If they don’t sell it within a certain time they usually pass it over the a different dealer within the same group and see if it sells over there.

You will normally get a better deal on a stock car. I don't think its being cheeky as its an invitation to start a negotiation and see what they can do for you.

I was at my dealer recently and was offered £22k for my Sept 16 S3 , 3 door manual against a factory RS3 order. I also got a good deal on my S3. Was shocked as I thought the offer would be low but not that low as that is the WBAC value. Nothing off the RS3 list price but to be honest after the trade in value the deal did not make sense so I did not negotiate. They could have done something with their showroom car but the spec was not right.

I am not convinced £50k cars are flying off the forecourts so just going to wait and see what happens as the model gets older. I came away knowing I should of got a RS3 first but the potential £30k upgrade cost just wasn't wort it. (Disclaimer reserve the right to change my mind)

Price to change is key or what it does to your payments. Unfortunately Ive never met a car dealer that gives cars away !

If your S3 is only 5 months old, I think you may be in for a shock, value wise, if you want to part-ex it against the RS3. 15% discount or not, you ain't getting anywhere near what you paid for it. I assume the S3 has finance?

You would stand a better chance of discount on the RS3 with no trade-in. If the RS3 has been sat there, is it not a demo car? They can usually sell them at discount if it is, but most will still try to ask book for it. As said, just go in an be cheeky. They can only say no.

Reactions: Jassyo06 and Thundercliffe81
Hi all, sorry for the delay, been away for a while getting life back on track, OH was sleeping about... a little retail therapy may cheer me up eh, I wonder if that RS3 is still about?!

The way it went though, I managed to get them to a point where they took my car, reset my finance term, and it would be an extra £100 a month, unfortunately, thats £100 a month on top of a fairly high monthly as it is, so I had to decline. It didn't sell for a while longer and they've since started using it as a demonstrator, it seems be racking up miles very quickly (3500 in roughly 6-7 weeks) so it shouldn't take long to catch mine up, maybe I'll try again soon.

Reactions: Jassyo06
Maybe but if its now a demo car then its used and wouldn't that treble the interst on finance?

Dont waste your time....unless you can afford over £700 a month at least

Reactions: SamP97
Hi all, sorry for the delay, been away for a while getting life back on track, OH was sleeping about... a little retail therapy may cheer me up eh, I wonder if that RS3 is still about?!

The way it went though, I managed to get them to a point where they took my car, reset my finance term, and it would be an extra £100 a month, unfortunately, thats £100 a month on top of a fairly high monthly as it is, so I had to decline. It didn't sell for a while longer and they've since started using it as a demonstrator, it seems be racking up miles very quickly (3500 in roughly 6-7 weeks) so it shouldn't take long to catch mine up, maybe I'll try again soon.

Wait for the next gen RS3 mate,it will worth waiting for,l dont see it having much more power than say 410 bhp,but it should be far lighter 50kg's approx and should come with Audi's new 48v system....so a hint of hybrid too boost acceleration

Wait for the next gen RS3 mate,it will worth waiting for,l dont see it having much more power than say 410 bhp,but it should be far lighter 50kg's approx and should come with Audi's new 48v system....so a hint of hybrid too boost acceleration
Yes mate I’ve had a quote back on the demo RS3 and although it being manageable with my new found situation it is still more money than I should pay because of my current deal still being early on. Snapped out of this mentality of rushing into it to make myself feel better I’ll no doubt regret 12 months down the line, when the new one is out I’ll be on the hunt for sure!

Reactions: Jassyo06
In the meantime, as I’ve decided on keeping the S3, the old desires of a slightly more boisterous sound track have returned, anybody have any experience of putting a Catback on while on PCP? I’d keep the stock system so it could be put back on

Yes mate I’ve had a quote back on the demo RS3 and although it being manageable with my new found situation it is still more money than I should pay because of my current deal still being early on. Snapped out of this mentality of rushing into it to make myself feel better I’ll no doubt regret 12 months down the line, when the new one is out I’ll be on the hunt for sure!

l done exactly the same when the PFL RS3 was released and I only had my S3 for 10 months,in hindsight l am glad l didnt,l am somewhat happy with the car l have just now,l said it was my bucket list spec car...but in all honesty l think my next car will be exactly that,as circumstances change,l did'nt buy a RS3 last year because l did'nt want to use it to commute to work and l dont want to use my S3 in the same way,they just get ******...now l dont use my car to commute...so l will see what happens