1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dealer issues

Discussion in 'New A3/S3 (8V Chassis)' started by dav63, Aug 6, 2013.

1. dav63

dav63 Member

Just wondering if anyone else had issues with there dealer like them not returning your phone calls even when they said they will etc.i recently arranged a test drive after waiting several weeks,dealer said she would phone me on the Wednesday to arrange times etc-no call - so after me phoning every day up until Sunday and leaving messages with reception and still no call back,I decided to go as arranged only to find out no car and :can't take you out cause too busy: me not happy !
  2. s8craig

s8craig Active Member

Contact Audi customer services, that is terrible. I know that Audi dealers are notoriously bad at returning calls but that is ridiculous.

Which dealership is it?
  3. NHN

NHN Modmetractor Site Sponsor

Shockingly shxt tbh, go to another dealer & also do as Craig states, terrible service, name/shame.
    Daveotto likes this.
  4. Daveotto

Daveotto Well-Known Member

could not agree more, had some very poor service from the dealers in the Herts/Essex area and for this car have been dealing with wimbledon audi, and although close on 90 mins drive away would not hesitate to use them next time....just goes to show what a good bit of customer service can do.
  5. Karl Alesbury

Karl Alesbury Member

When my dad was looking to buy his A4, he visited a particular Audi dealership and was left unattended for 30 minutes. Nobody approached him or was free to ask him what he was interested in.

He walked back out and went an hour up the road to another dealership who immediately sat him down with a coffee and got him a decent price. I'd recommend you trying somewhere else straight away TBH.
  6. 97catalunya

97catalunya Member

I have to say the chap at Southend Audi has always replied to my emails, but is knowledge wasn't great, I think he was still learning.

We have a Sept 1st collection so they have put on a big collection party with BBQ and live music the night before and we all get to drive away at midnight on the 1st.

So can't really complain too much ;)
  7. NHN

NHN Modmetractor Site Sponsor

Lets hope the party/bbq is alcohol free or they may be back as soon as they went out lol.
  8. Coxy234

Coxy234 Member

So far my dealer has been quality. I can't fault them at all. He said he would keep me informed and has done. He even called me to tell me he was going away for a few days an would call me when he got back.

I had an decent deal too.
  9. 97catalunya

97catalunya Member

Ha ha yum no bubbly for me I'll be high on new car smell instead ;)
  10. mjcourtney

mjcourtney Well-Known Member

My local dealers were awful and have a terrible reputation. In the end I ordered from a dealer 2.5 hours away and they've been excellent. It's worth finding a good one!
  11. Jack24

Jack24 New Member

There is definitely a big difference between dealers. The first one (nearest) couldn't have been any less interested. I went further afield and found the next dealer to be excellent. Just waiting for 1st September now!
  12. dav63

dav63 Member

i ordered the car in april but wanted test drive to try different suspension, sound system and int" light pack.after complaining she eventually sat me in a car and said i could play about with radio while she dealt with another customer.this car was full of stuff,shirts shoes papers etc,i assumed it belong to someone working there,i have since discoverd that was the demo car being personally used by a rep! they haven't kept me updated on build dates even though i asked as i'd like to book time off work when collecting car.i know dates have changed because i've phoned or been down myself to find out; i just expected better treatment when buying a new car.going to dealers this weekend to see where my cars up to and will ask to speak to reps manager
  13. shady-ninja

shady-ninja Member

This an insight as to what you should expect if you buy a car from them and then have problems.
  14. Little Red Monster

Little Red Monster Member

When buying my A3 I went to SGSmith in Coulsdon, although often busy I found them very knowledgeable & attentive. The Ladies on reception were helpful too. Also negotiated with Northampton Audi, always responded to my e-mails and both appeared to be looking for business. Now to pick up the new car on Sunday 1st September..... I think they are going to be busy!!!!
  15. Schizophonic

Schizophonic Active Member

I can't fault the service I've received from Audi in Nortahmpton (my local) but sadly they didn't have the car I wanted to buy (Ex-fleet)

Went to Audi in Essex and received a slightly different and lower grade service but bought the car on the merit it was the cheapest in the country at that time.
  16. TonyH38

TonyH38 Member

My local dealership Bexley Audi were superb kept me informed by e.mail and phone when I ordered my Audi.
  17. geefunk1978

geefunk1978 Well-Known Member

I bought my current S3 from Grimsby Audi and they were brilliant, I've since ordered my new S3 through them as my local dealer (Nottingham) wanted me to make an appointment to even discuss ordering costs and part ex. I did it all over the phone and email with Grimsby Audi and they've really looked after me again. Couldn't recommend them more.