Dealer Discount + free servicing?

jwhat

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Hello Guys

I've been looking for a 2003/2004 1.9tdi sport a4 for about £14k. I have seen a few in private sales and independant garages but they haven't been up to too much.I have always thought that audi dealers were too expensive with they're used car prices, but i have noticed they now have a free servicing offer for 24months or 30,000miles if you buy a car between 14/04/07 to 22/04/07. So is this worth the extra outlay to buy from an audi garage? and if so what kind of percentage discount should i be looking at getting off- im terrible at haggling? :think: i just don't understand how to do it.... about 5% off the car price and then look for mats and stuff or what?
Any help would be much appreciated :thumbsup:

Thanks very much

The free servicing doesnt really account for much unless you do loads of miles as these cars only need a service every 20k or 24mths, so really its a 300 quid saving, but i can guarantee they will try and stitch you for something when its in. Your more likely to get a better deal if you take finance rather than cash as they get commission from the finance peeps. I was once offered a massive discount by subaru if i took finance, i had cash anyhow so i decided to take the finance to get the discount then payed it off the very next day lollllllll. As far as haggling bid em in the nuts on the car and work up from there, also for instance if the car is 14k to buy, tell em you only have 13400 to spend and thats it, theyll probably come out with 13750 or so, this is where you walk away telling them you have BMW to go and see and its within youre price range, hopefully the sales man will decide some commission is better than none and ring you back with a better offer at later stage, never ever let them know your over the moon with the car as they then have half the battle won, make out you are not really that ofay with the car, this way he then has to SELL the car which may involve discounts and freebies. Remember if your at the dealership with your c**k in your hand stood by the car in question he knows he probably sold it anyway and has no incentive to discount and he will stand by his guns as youll give in anyway.:asskicking:

Always the old advice of buying something at the end of the month as well, when they are scratching around for sales to meet their quotas.