1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dead pixels grrr! Whats the symbol???

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by S4 Muzza, Oct 10, 2011.

1. S4 Muzza

S4 Muzza oww! my giant blue head!

Had a warning light come up earier today, so checked the book and cant seem to find what it means! Now, my display isn't exactly in great working order, but its been easy enough to tell what the symbols are, up until now. I know its not break light failure or bulb failure as i've seen these before, any ideas people? It looks like brackets with a cirlce in the middle, but from what i can see nothing appears to be in the circle.....

[​IMG]

Here's a picture of the petrol light so you can see what parts of the display are actually working

[​IMG]

2. Advert Guest Advertisement

3. jojo

jojo Looking for Boost!
    Staff Member Moderator Team Daytona quattro Audi S3 Audi A6 Audi Avant Owner Group

The first one is low brakes, so check your brake pads, the second one is low fuel.

4. S4 Muzza

haha, unfortunately i'm all too aware thats the petrol light jojo, its never off! it was just so people could see what parts of the display worked, thought it might help identify the other one

Cheers for the help, new pads will be on order tomorrow. Its the first time i've has to change them since i bought the car, what kind to people tend to go for? Any recommendations?

5. sportquattro

sportquattro Active Member

They are not cheap but Ferodo DS2500 pads are felt to be the best by many on here.

6. Newradsondone

Newradsondone New Member

Yep, thats for your brakes. Just had that one pop up on me about a week ago. The tech at the dealership checking the brakes suggested also replacing the brake lines and upgrading to steel ones. (i just replaced and upgraded the brake lines about six months ago to steel lines) needless to say I took my car to a different shop to have the brakes done lol.

7. AndyC

AndyC Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Personally I prefer Mintex 1144 or 1155

8. S4 Muzza

thanks for the suggestions, had a look at the Ferodo DS2500 and you're not wrong, they aint cheap! also had a look at those Mintex ones which seemed to be a tad cheaper. are these expected to last longer for the price or do they just stop you quicker?? lol
    would something like this be a bad shout?
    FRONT Brembo Brake Pads AUDI A3 (8L1) S3 quattro 03/99 | eBay

9. S4 Muzza

10. jojo

jojo Looking for Boost!
    Staff Member Moderator Team Daytona quattro Audi S3 Audi A6 Audi Avant Owner Group

I just fitted Ferodo DS2500s, but I'm running Brembo's, very impressed by them, they we're faultless for 2 track sessions @ADI on Saturday!

11. S4 Muzza

do you have a part number for the brembo's jojo? or is it just the ones in the link above? the ones i'm looking at seem to be quite reasonably priced compared to other brands which makes me wonder how good they'll be.....

12. jojo

jojo Looking for Boost!

I meant I'm running Brembo front brakes, 4pots with fixed caliper etc.

13. S4 Muzza

ah, i see....

14. AndyC

AndyC Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Brembo ones look OEM replacement, not upgrade...

however that is not to say they are no good.