Dead Battery - Why???

audi18tdan

Reaction score
My car has been struggling to turn over in the past weeks after being not driven for a whole week and now the battery is dead!

Any ideas what could be using up all the charge whilst sitting there?

Could be becuase the alarm battery needs replacing as in the past i used to get that beeping when you start the engine which was signifying the alram battery was low and now i don't get that so is this battery dead and it's using the main battery?

Your help is much apreciated

I think you might of answered the question yourself,my understanding is if the alarm battery is low the main one supplies it as you said Dan

Cheers vorhees, yeah thought it was strange i've nver heard the alrms go off and that beeping stopped.

Ok time to pull that instructions sheet out on replacing it.

Any ideas whilst i'm here?

I think you might of answered the question yourself,my understanding is if the alarm battery is low the main one supplies it as you said Dan

Had the same issue, turned out to be a bad earth from the gearbox and the battery was not getting its full voltage

on my old A3 i had this problem too, turned out the boot lights were staying on. Just happened to notice the glow one night. I guess it was the micro switch on the latch but as I was selling it I took the bulbs out :blush:

no real bad, he killed the car in 7 weeks anyhow..