1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dead battery...need help!!

Discussion in 'General Technical / How To' started by skeletal1108, Oct 7, 2007.

1. skeletal1108

skeletal1108 New Member

Little help needed.
    What do you do if your audi a4 has sat there for a few weeks offroad,
    and the battery is so dead, it wont opperate your electric central locking??!!
    is the only option to smash a window??

its an audi a4 1.8t p reg if that help.
    any help appreciated.

cheers, steve

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. sijones

sijones Member
    VCDS Map User

Call me stupid... but why can't you unlock drivers door with the key? i know it will be deadlocked inside but unless you have no drivers key hole....????

4. sijones

sijones Member
    VCDS Map User

If you have no key unlocking then the only suggestion is to make up a lead with 2 small crockadial clips and put one to earth and then try and get other to your starter (there will be a thick cable going back to batt - connect to this) underneath, that will push enough power through cables to power up the central locking, should be able to remove your engine cover from underneath to do this.

5. Siena

Siena Active Member

Or, just bash in the off side rear lamp, I mean completely through. Then, remove the vacuum pipe from the central locking pump, and suck / blow till the buttons pop.

If you've deleted all the key holes, then, I'd say you deserve to get locked out!

6. shineydave

shineydave Member

surely there must be a boot lock as i've never seen a boot de-locked, just use the key in that, once the boot is open attach a set of jump leads or charger to the wires on the boot light to power up the system.