Dead allroad injector pump edu

mrnice.

Reaction score
Hi, My allroad wont start, it just turns over, my mechanic says he has plugged it into his diagnostics and it tells him that the injector pump has a fault, he's opened the electronic part of it up and found a blown transistor, he replaced it and it blew again, he replaced it again and it hasn't blown but will still not start and is still coming up with the same fault. Any ideas?

He thinks it could be the edu that's faulty and has suggested getting a replacement from a breakers but wasn't sure if that would solve the problem, would it have to be "coded" to my car? if so how hard is this to do?

EDIT: Anyone tried a repair firm like these?: Bosch VP44 VP30/PSG5/2.0/2.2 Diesel Injection Pump ECU EDU Module Repair Service | eBay

Makes sense to me to get mine repaired if I have to pay toget mine coded.

Thanks.

Last edited:
What year is your allroad ? Do you know the part number ? I would only fully repair a pump, from experience you repair the EDC then the pump internals fail and it will require a new EDC anyway... Find your pump part number, repair it then get it coded to work to your ecu...

As above...went though the fix the ECU bit and ended up with a recon pump.
adamss24 warned me as well!
Diesel Bob highly recommended. Diesel Bob Tuning - Bobs Busy
£350 for a fix and £650 full recon with warranty (plus it will run neat cooking oil if you feel the need)
ECU Testing will give you a verdict on the ECU only AUDI DIESEL PUMP (EDC) Products £35 for a check and £250 to repair the ECU.
Note: New ECU will need your immobilizer code any auto locksmith £50 or genuine Vag Tacho kit can recover that.
Immobilizer III Injection Pump Swapping - Ross-Tech Wiki

Thanks fellas, its a 52 reg, The link above shows how to code it to "immobiliser 111" how can I find out which type mine is?

I have heard certain models don't need it coded (virgin pumps or something?!?!?!?) how can I find out if this applies to mine?

I will find out the part number as I suspect this will help.

Thanks again.

Forgot to mention before how much approximately should it cost to get my new pump coded to my car? I will trailer it up to our Audi dealership as my mechanic doesn't have the software.

Nope, only pumps pre year 2000 does not require codding, every other one from 2000 to 2005 will need programming. How far away you're from N. London ? I could code it for you no problem...

@adamss24, what injection pumps does an AFB fits? Only the AFB ones? Does it fit a AKN injection pump?

If I put an Allroad injection pump from 2002 to my 1998 AFB, with the engine start?

Thanks in advance.

@adamss24, what injection pumps does an AFB fits? Only the AFB ones? Does it fit a AKN injection pump?

If I put an Allroad injection pump from 2002 to my 1998 AFB, with the engine start?

Thanks in advance.
AKN injector pump might work, basically every pump before D should fit, i will try a pump ending in E on a b5 a4 quattro year 2000 i just bought a few days ago. The car had a AKN engine but it seized a few years ago and the previous owner fitted a AFB engine in it's place complete with the AKN pump...
Allroad pump might not work, the EDU has it's own immo however early a6 quattro from year 2000 had a E pump with 3 plungers and they did not require codding...