de-catted diesels?

ALPINE

Yes its diesel, now cry u lost
Reaction score
someone correct me if im wrong... A diesel does not require a cat for a mot??

is this right?

That is correct they don't require them! took the one off on my discovery and never had any problems with mots

Am I right in thinking that they don't actually have a cat, but a particle filter instead. And as far as I know, the MOT is a smoke emissions test isn't it, which looks purely for excessive smoke?!

Sam, did it change the sound much by removing it?

Yeah did it change the sounds when you removed it (as above). I'd be interested in doing this to mine aswell i think, full stainless exhaust without a cat might be coming my way sooner.

Yeah did it change the sounds when you removed it (as above). I'd be interested in doing this to mine aswell i think, full stainless exhaust without a cat might be coming my way sooner.

Didnt they replace the CATS with the DPFs?

DPF is the new cat iirc. Bin the cat, not essential for MOT.

Vosa man may have summat to say if you get spot checked

Can't you just knock out the baffles, so externally it appears that it's still there, yet inside is near enough a straight through pipe? Nobody will ever know then.

yes you defo dont need a cat mine was nicked of my l200 warrior the day before i was due to pick it up form the dealer so they fitted a new one but i reomved it as i didnt want it being taken again, as we had a spate of them being taken in the area.

and mine has had 2 mots with no problem at all

alan