1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

de-catted diesels?

ALPINE Jun 5, 2010

1. ALPINE

ALPINE Yes its diesel, now cry u lost

someone correct me if im wrong... A diesel does not require a cat for a mot??

is this right?

2. dsmclark40v

dsmclark40v Member

That is correct they don't require them! took the one off on my discovery and never had any problems with mots

3. crazy88

crazy88 Loving the anonymity

Am I right in thinking that they don't actually have a cat, but a particle filter instead. And as far as I know, the MOT is a smoke emissions test isn't it, which looks purely for excessive smoke?!

Sam, did it change the sound much by removing it?

4. DJM1982

DJM1982 Member

Yeah did it change the sounds when you removed it (as above). I'd be interested in doing this to mine aswell i think, full stainless exhaust without a cat might be coming my way sooner.

5. Dazmo

Dazmo Active Member

Didnt they replace the CATS with the DPFs?

6. Broken Byzan

Broken Byzan Photographic Moderator Staff Member Moderator VCDS Map User quattro Audi A4

DPF is the new cat iirc. Bin the cat, not essential for MOT.

Vosa man may have summat to say if you get spot checked

7. crazy88

crazy88 Loving the anonymity

Can't you just knock out the baffles, so externally it appears that it's still there, yet inside is near enough a straight through pipe? Nobody will ever know then.

8. 205man

205man Active Member

yes you defo dont need a cat mine was nicked of my l200 warrior the day before i was due to pick it up form the dealer so they fitted a new one but i reomved it as i didnt want it being taken again, as we had a spate of them being taken in the area.

and mine has had 2 mots with no problem at all

alan