1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

de-cat the lambada sensors

Discussion in 'A4/S4 forum(B5 Chassis)' started by phoenixv6quattro, Jul 15, 2010.

1. phoenixv6quattro

phoenixv6quattro staylowmovefast

Hello Gents hope most of you are well.......

I'm going to be de-catting my 2.8 30v v6 tomorrow with some straight sections (strategically timed a week after the MOT emmisions test!). Will there be a requirment to change the Lambada sensors or will retaining the standard ones be ok? Many thanks in adavance if anyone can answer thsi?

Ollie
  2. Blue_Thunder

Blue_Thunder Active Member

[​IMG]
  3. Jonion

Jonion Member

Well it is hot stuff !

The std lambda sensors should be just fine.
  4. phoenixv6quattro

phoenixv6quattro staylowmovefast

Thanks gents. Your quite right Blue, there is a disco going on under the bonnet.............I added a syllable because I was in a good mood this morning (******-I didn't know how to spell it) Thanks for doing a google search for me ref the pic. It's excellent to know you are taking the time out for me. Now go and put the kettle on lad.
  5. aragorn

aragorn "Stick a V8 in it!" Staff Member Moderator

depends if you have two or four.

If you only have two, then so long as they stay in the pipe everything will be fine.
  6. millsy

millsy Member

how did the decat go?did you weld or clamp the decat pipe?am looking into doing this myself,but have read that the downpipe is cast,and difficult to weld and is made brittle?i was considering buying the ebay s4 decats,and cut off the s4 flange and weld on the 2.8 jobbie in its place.