de cat question

s3gazz

Reaction score
hi all
having my s3 de catted today can anyone tell me the differances ill notice or ill get from it please tar

the cat restricts exhaust gas flow, so no matter if you've got a standard or otherwise, u'll notice the above. i dont have the balls to do it myself, good on ya.

yeh should do mate. u getting a larger downpipe also? that will do the above to a further extent

When i put my downpipe and decat the turbo spool was noticably quicker and pulls harder but you probably will lose some end end torque due to the increased diameter and less back pressure.

Ye too much back pressure on a turbo engine is not good as with pressure you tend to get heat which as everyones probaby aware is the enermy as such on turbos but some back pressure can help with the torque.

Having a more freer exhaust will help get the exhuast gases out and the quicker you can get it out the quicker you can get it in but likely to lose a bit a torque due to the less back pressure. Thats how i understand it, correct it if its wrong lol.

Does it have a hole for the post cat lambda? ThAts what I'm worried about

The post lambda is useless if you have a decat though as its only there to monitor the condition of the cat, but you wont have one lol.

Ye, its useless. When I put my downpipe and de cat on I couldn't get the lambda sensor out of the original cats (welded on) so didnt even have the sensor on my car for a few days till I got the sensor out.

You will always have a fault code till its mapped out when you get your car mapped but it doesnt effect the way the car runs. I had a EML on at first but once I deleted it, the light hasnt come on but the code still there.

The post lambda is useless if you have a decat though as its only there to monitor the condition of the cat, but you wont have one lol.

i just bought one few days ago gutted wish i could take it back lol its the other one i needed