De-badging an A4 Avant TDI

I

imported_larry1

Want to take off the A4 & TDI badges from the rear.. looks great with just Audi logo.. any tips?? Don't want to scratch my new baby! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/1luvu.gif

hot water! warm the double sided tape and eventually the badges will come off, carefully prise off with your fingernails, then clean any glue marks off with some G7 cutting paste or T cut (T cut is a bit messy but easier to get)

HTH

Mike

I used a hair dryer and heated for a couple of minutes then had about 3 lengths of string together and slid behind the badge slowly pulling from side to side like a saw gently. I did the same procedure then for each badge. Any residual glue left on the car i heated up and rubbed off with a cloth the rubbed down with warm water and cloth. Took about 15 mins to take all mine off and finish looks much better.

I used a wet damp cloth with hot water on it and an old AA card which i just slip behinf them and they almost fell off.
Then used some rubbing compound and wax to bring it back to life as you ould see some colour fade around where the letters were.

I've seen it often recommended to use a hair drying to warm it up and then use dental floss....like dental floss. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

I took of the quattro grille badge on the front of my A4 S-line and replaced it with S-line grille badge.

Also removed all of the badges from the rear and now only have S-line badge on the boot on left hand side. IMO it looks a lot better than before and also confuses a lot of people!

Hair dryer. Preferably a Babyliss or one of those what's his name Mitchell jobs.

[ QUOTE ]
I've seen it often recommended to use a hair drying to warm it up and then use dental floss....like dental floss. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

That's exactly how I did it - worked a treat!

[ QUOTE ]
Hair dryer. Preferably a Babyliss or one of those what's his name Mitchell jobs.

[/ QUOTE ]
HAHHAA any hair dryer will do!!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cry.gif

Shagga, how comes you have a degree in hair dryers.

Maybe you could book me for a short back and sides in the evenings in your TT, after you've finsihed I.T. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_2.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_2.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue_out.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_2.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_2.gif

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cry.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif cracked me up that one TDI

Thanks everyone for your advice. One problem.. because the temp was low today when I de badged, an awful lot of glue stayed on the car. What can I use to take it off, white spirits? or similar. A wax won't do it as there is too much glue still on it. Some sort of chemical???

Why don't you leave until it warms up to tackle the glue. Then use a very small amount of t-cut or polish.

I used some dental floss and cleaned it up with some car polish. Easy and no marks left.

Yeah they are always selling those badges on ebay but why you'd want to i dunno /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/swear.gif to all of above i just ripped the bleeding things off when i was washing the car

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah they are always selling those badges on ebay but why you'd want to i dunno /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

errrrrr... I WAS joking /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/noidea.gif

Ah right ok good one!!!
cwm25.gif