DE-BADGE OR NOT DE-BADGE ?

deanosavanna

Reaction score
My A4 2.5 TDI Quattro sport avant was originally purchached from audi without the badges, its only got the for rings on the front and back and quattro on the dash. so it is missing the quattro one from the front grill and the A4 TDI quattro from the rear now i want the car to look as original as possible so do i put the missing badges on or just leave them afterall they were never there in the first place ?????? seen some on eBay but probably totally ***** and original ones will set me back a few quid ?

Deano

I would leave the back de-badged but would put a quattro badge on the grill.

Yes I want to debadge mine aswell.

Whats the easiest way??

What fluids do I use??

Debadged is the way to go.

Use dental floss to 'saw' through the foam backing on the badges. Then use tar remover to get rid of the adhesive and finish with a good polish/wax.

Mine came from audi de-badged so I asked them for the quattro badges separately.

I only put the quattro badge back on the front grill though. I think the back looks better as it is.

Why debadge ????? Is it the only reason is to make everyone else think you have something better than it really is ?

I prefer my car as original as possible...with 2.5TDI Quattro badges on rear tailgate (just to show its not the more "usual" 1.9 :p ) & quattro badge on front grill :cool:

Debadge the rear - definitely. The central Audi rings are perfectly placed and should remain, but the A4 badge on the left and the engine etc bages on the right simply add clutter.

As for why debadge? Because removing those leaves a lovely simple clean uncluttered view - MUCH smarter and classier without the badges.

Putting the 'wrong' badges on to imply its a better model is just wrong, should never be done (imho), I think thats really naff - why be ashamed of what you have? I agree with you there - correct badges, or no badges, should be the only option! no badges looks better though..

Thats why I want to debadge mine as I prefer the cleaner smoother looking rear.:yes:

...:think:......:idea:

Then again I might stick a RS4 badge on with a small Sline badge underneath it and a quattro badge on the other side and perhaps add a V8 badge from another motor.....aswell as adding another set of 4 rings bang next to the 'already on' 4 rings....hmmmmm. I wonder if my BHP will rise by doing that!!:respekt:

Reactions: Lloydyboy
original quattro badge for the grill from audi is about £9.50 inc vat when a cheap copy from thailand or somewhere is a tenner plus four quid postage (not every thing on eBay is a cheap option) i know which one ill be gettin !!

I have just the Quattro badge on the RHS of the boot lid and the 4 rings, and the Quattro badge at the front, I removed all the rest with fishing line, a hairdryer and my fingers.

JohnboyC said:
Why debadge ????? Is it the only reason is to make everyone else think you have something better than it really is ?

I prefer my car as original as possible...with 2.5TDI Quattro badges on rear tailgate (just to show its not the more "usual" 1.9 :p ) & quattro badge on front grill :cool:

People who are likely to know the difference will see that the exhaust pipes are left and right rather than both on the left anyway, no?

right then, Mine is gonna get raped tomorrow too.:eyebrows:

nivagh said:
People who are likely to know the difference will see that the exhaust pipes are left and right rather than both on the left anyway, no?

The 1.9 TDi quattro also has the exhaust pipes on either side. I was unsure when I found out that my car was de-badged but now I really like the smooth lines at the back. I did however "need" to put the quattro badge back on the front grill as you can see this one from a distance and you know that it's different. I also have the quattro badge for the back but didn't put it on as I thought it would look a bit lonely.

WilkoS3 said:
The 1.9 TDi quattro also has the exhaust pipes on either side. I was unsure when I found out that my car was de-badged but now I really like the smooth lines at the back. I did however "need" to put the quattro badge back on the front grill as you can see this one from a distance and you know that it's different. I also have the quattro badge for the back but didn't put it on as I thought it would look a bit lonely.

Ah - never noticed that before. :tapedshut:

I've de-badged cars before but not my 3.0 Quattro Sport, I want people to know its got a V6 & its a Quattro!!