Daytime Running Lights Sensitivity

Sorry to drag up an old thread but I want to enable the DRL's @ Position 0 on the headlight switch - I have the latest VCDS and have looked through all the coding and cannot find this option anywhere. Could you tell me where and what the coding is pretty please with a cherry on top....? :)

I would love to tell you but...

as for the coding i cant 100% remember where it is on the newer facelift cars as their CE module coding is different to what i have in my car but i would be happy to check it out for you.

Im pretty sure your Convenience module is not separate from your central electrics module irrespective to what VCDS is showing you... try to click onto your convenience module within VCDS and chances are it will time out... they merged the 2 on facelift modules so all convenience options are configured from within the central electrics module.

Anyway the coding is in the Central electrics module but i cannot remember as i have only been asked to do it once and not done it since

Im pretty sure your Convenience module is not separate from your central electrics module irrespective to what VCDS is showing you... try to click onto your convenience module within VCDS and chances are it will time out... they merged the 2 on facelift modules so all convenience options are configured from within the central electrics module.

Anyway the coding is in the Central electrics module but i cannot remember as i have only been asked to do it once and not done it since

I definitely have separate modules: 09-Cent. Elect. and 46-Central Conv. :) It was MY2010 onwards that received the converged module I think....

Okay no problem, I thought you had made the change to your car, so would be able to retrieve the coding. :)

Not every facelift car had 063 modules fitted, there are hybrids that are 08/09 that had the older 279 ce's & 433 conv modules, its possible as his is an 09 that his still has these older modules fitted.

can you actually click on 46-Central Conv and then go into coding? every facelift car i have played with doesnt do that

Yeah :)

Address 09: Cent. Elect. Labels: 8P0-907-279-30-H.lbl
Part No SW: 8P0 907 279 N HW: 8P0 907 279 N
Component: Bordnetz-SG H54 2801

Address 46: Central Conv. Labels: 8P0-959-433.lbl
Part No: 8P0 959 433 J
Component: KSG H11 0080

Reactions: NHN
... and I would love to get my DRLs and Fogs to work with CH/LH instead of my Bi-Xenons but it doesn't seem possible from everything that I've read.

My poor ballasts and xenon bulbs :(

The 279 modules don't allow this feature, ****** me of too.

Reactions: Karlos_ and BenC00
The 279 modules don't allow this feature, ****** me of too.

I remember seeing something in VCDS relating to CH/LH behaviour (something like new style / old style), but it didn't seem to do anything :( - do you know what that does?

I don't mind the Bi-Xenons staying on when I lock the car and walk away, but having them come on when I either unlock the car or open the door seems overkill. (I cant remember which is CH and which is LH in terms of function)

so you prefer the Coming home but not the leaving home... im sure you should be able to turn them on or off independently on your DIS

also there is a way to get the fogs to come on instead of xenons... it requires a custom module. I have installed this on Digzz car which works well.

Have a look @ my thread there is a module you can buy so you can have the fogs and DRL instead of the main beam.

Yes there is a custom module, but also additional expense above factory ch/lh functionality, that most people who already have ch/lh just don't want to pay for, based on my experience.

Dis functions rely on coding & modules fitted, so ideally features coded need checking to see if enabled or not.

Factory fit CH / LH lighting is DRL and fogs on my MY2011 S3.

I'd prefer to switch the fogs off if I could, and just have DRL's.

2 x 50w bulbs with engine off seems an unecessary drain on the battery when the low power leds do the job of greeting you.

Reactions: Arjuanamo
Whilst my facelift A3 has not got the Auto function my led's are much much brighter without the sidelights on as you said in your first post.i think this must be normal.Strange though as you would think they would keep the same intensity..

Whilst my facelift A3 has not got the Auto function my led's are much much brighter without the sidelights on as you said in your first post.i think this must be normal.Strange though as you would think they would keep the same intensity..

This is the way it is for people with or without auto lights.If you want them at full brightness in sidelight mode you have to change the settings for your lights to the scandinavian option in VCDS.They are also dimmed when the xenon lights are on to match the brightness.

Hi,

I have purchased these headlights for my A3 80 facelift 2009 model. My car has light sensor. The issue i faced is that led tube and led day lights stays on, at 100% brightness at day (without low bean on) and light (with low beam on). The problem is that the day light leds are too bright for night.

I think the proper should be the following:
[QUOTE="Cars with Auto lights:
0 - all lights off
Auto - in daytime full brightness DRL, in the dark (also when it starts getting dark and cloudy) the DRLs dim and headlights come on (same as headlights position
sidelights - dimmed DRL bulbs
headlight - dimmed DRL and xenon headlights
[/QUOTE]

If anyone can give me directions of what i should do, i would appreciate it.

Thanks.

You'll need to have a play with vcds options to see if you can get your desired setting, only way forward tbh.

Reactions: Orestis
Thanks for the reply. The same thing I understood reading this post.

That do you mean by "forward tbh"?

Any info about the desired configuration, in order to dim the DRL at night?

the way forward to be honest.

Reactions: Orestis
You'll need to have a play with vcds options to see if you can get your desired setting, only way forward tbh.

The address i must play with is the following ? Could you please give me an example ?

Adjust LED brightness
[09 – Cent. Elect.] [Security Access - 16] (enter security code. One of the default codes is- 20113)
[Adaptation - 10] -> Channel 3
Set between 5 and 100