Daylight running lights problem??

Gfermer

Reaction score
My left hand side daylight running light keeps coming up with a fault and goes off but then sometimes it works fine? Anyone els had this problem? I've checked and nothing seems to be loose just thought I would ask before I put it into a garage

Helps to advise of the year?

It's A 59 plate s3 I've had a look in handbook says the bulb I thought that at first but it works sometimes been doing it on and off for couple weeks hardly been out in it lately,

Ok so its an led drl not halogen, you cant remove it, its part of the headlight, so could be wiring related or the headlight itself.

We could look at it for you, location dependent & if need be replace the headlight.

That makes sense now as I had a look and could not figure how out how it could be removed and was scratching my head haha I'm in fife in Scotland, if it is the headlight what sort if ££££ are they ?

Do they have a seperate drl unit like some of the vw's have like the newer touran or touraqs etc ? i know they had lots of issues with those going down side by side

There's 1 power unit for standard bixenons, then there's a cornering unit if they're adaptives, afaik the led unit is fed direct from J519 & an internal headlight module for led drl, but knowing audi, you never know if the main power unit has some interaction, I would go out & test the theory with some shelf headlights we have, but just finding the time.

Ideally you need to remove bumper, swap headlights 1st & see if fault follows, if not then its wiring, if it moves to other side then try swapping power modules & see if it moves still, process of elimination.

If you don't want to or cant do this, then we're up that way around the 20th, you can pop to the show on 21st so we can have a look at it, but ideally needs parts to swap if faulty otherwise its pointless doing any removal of bumper etc to find the fault.