Date from chassis number

sidkiz

Reaction score
Hi

can anyone tell me the date from my chassis number? or how to find out

Its the model year I am looking for - I have two dates at the moment. The registration as 30/04/1999 and on the coc a vom date as 09/12/1998. I need to know which is correct so I can work out exactly which model I have. Can you tell me how I get the date from the chassis number?

Ask your dealer, they will tell you exactly, it does however look ( from those dates) to be a 98.5 pre facelift model

Yes, this is why I am having problems identifying. From all the details given in my last thread - pre or post facelift A4 B5 avant? - it would appear to be facelift. IE has rectangular indicators, hidden windscreen washers and the headlights and front indicators are one unit. To order new lights I have a choice of two for a single unit: 95 - 99 or 99 - 01.The first ending the 01/99, the 2nd starting 01/99!

If you have single piece facelift lights then you dont need new units as you can flip the lever over to convert to LHD

Are the indicators and headlights one unit ? If so there's your answer, you have the later facelift car.

... and the lever is situated where? I have adjusted the alignment before horizonatal and vertical but dont remember seeing a lever - might just be being thick :unsure:

yep its behind the cover on the dip beam projector.

Its a little wire arm on one side of the projector housing.