Dashboard warning indicator.

Jack829

Reaction score
S3 Pilots,

My S3 has a small yellow indicator in the shape of an engine constantly lit on the dash. I can't find any reference to it in the manual but guess it may be the management system. The car appears to be running ok and has just had it's 30k service. Anyone know what is it, how to fix it and how much it may cost ? Many thanks.

yes, it is the engine management warning light. It could be any number of things ,hopefully, something cheap, such as a faulty coolant temp sender. But it could be much more serious.
First of all, do you know of anyone with VAGCOM? as you need to check for any fault codes.

Thanks for the reply,
Don't know anyone with VAGCOM unfortunately. I guess it's a trip to the dealer but the earliest I can go is Wednesday. Will it be ok to drive until then ? It really doesn't feel like anything is wrong whilst driving.

Jack829 said:
Thanks for the reply,
Don't know anyone with VAGCOM unfortunately. I guess it's a trip to the dealer but the earliest I can go is Wednesday. Will it be ok to drive until then ? It really doesn't feel like anything is wrong whilst driving.

without knowing the cause of the problem, i cant really advise if you should drive the car or not, but if the performance is unaffected, and there arent any unusal noises, just keep your driving to a minimum and get it checked out asap.