1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dashboard Speedo unit

starski4578 Oct 20, 2005

1. starski4578

starski4578 Member

Seen the white speedo displays on ebay, can anyone tell me how much work it involves to replace the unit and how u go about transfering your mileage onto the replacement unit. They look like they go for around £20-50 which seems reasonable but i havent checked out the actual price from audi.

2. paul_brad

paul_brad Member

there are "mileage correction" companies around that can transfer the mileage - have a look in google. No idea about the ease of swapping out, but sounds expensive/hassle

3. Khufu

Khufu Well-Known Member

isnt that just for the foils? You'd use your own cluster and remove the original black backing and swap for the white, plus maybe have to paint the needles.

4. Grant

Grant Well-Known Member VCDS Map User Audi RS3

All you do is remove the cluster, remove/cut away the old black background and fit the new ones (shouldn't have to remove needles).

I wouldn't bother... bit boy racerish!

5. starski4578

starski4578 Member

Sounds like to much work. It is actually the whole sealed unit thats for sale on ebay. The thing that concerns me the most is my car has genuine low mileage which will be a big plus for when i come to sell it. It may give the impression that its been tampered with so i probably will just leave it. Cheers lads /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif