Dashboard Problem [Electrical Fault?]

darn

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I have a problem with my dashboard, where the middle screen (that displays the temp, how many miles you have left, if the doors are open or not) isn't working.

It used to work, but now it will only display when the doors are opened (thats the only time the screen shows something), apart from that it just is blank.

I have checked the fuses, everything seems OK - anyone any ideas as to why this would happen?

Thanks!

Simples....press the reset button on the bottom of the wiper stalk, end closest to the wheel.

Hope this works

Mark

Mark,

You are an absolute legend, thank-you very much! Had to give it a press a few times but worked perfectly!

One down, several more to go :ermm:

I still have the EPC and Airbag light on, as well as:

the passenger under-the-door lights don't work (drivers side do)
no boot lights
hazard lights not flashing when I lock it (but do when I unlock it)
door lock lights don't come on when I lock car (therefore assume alarm isn't working either - they have came on a few times, but rarely)
buzzing coming from the back of the hazards (although I have read I need to replace the OEM switch to fix this?)

Took it to Strathclyde Tyres, they told me they didn't have a clue what was wrong [their guy had a vag, but told me I needed an autoelectrician as he hadn't seen a problem like that before]... but one thing they could tell me was I needed 4 new tyres - so that was an extra 500 I wasn't planning on spending as I didn't want ****ters on the car... but I've done all the usual, changed the bulbs, checked all the fuses... now I am just stuck.

I only bought this car at the start of Jan, and it's been an absolute nightmare. Only passed my test in December, had someone crash into the side of me and as my insurance is 2400 and I only valued the car at 2200 it wasn't even worth claiming on it as my insurance would also go up for next year... so I am thinking of buying a failed MOT one (Red 8L1 1.8) like mine, and just trying to switch a few panels over as I need to fix the dents/bumper anyway, so could take some of the parts from that and see?

Think this is a good idea, or am I better just calling it quits?

Change the hazard switch,
Check the micro switches in the door and boot locks, could try spraying the s... out them with wd40.
Not flashing could be due to the hazard switch maybe alarm programming.

Get a scan with vcds. Cheep cable from eBay and download vcds lite to check faults.

Cheers
Mark