Dashboard illumination light out

Andy_S3

Reaction score
Hi all, one of the red lights that light up my headlights control switch (to the right of the steering wheel) has gone out, so that at night when I turn the lights on only one side of the switch is illuminated red. Does anyone know if this an easy fix? Thanks :icon_thumright:

I have exactly the same problem with my headlight switch, I have noticed that sometimes when the sidelights are illuminated, the red illumination on the switch lights up for a split second and then dies, perhaps it's jus a dry solder joint or something simple?

I need to strip it down to have a look but I'm worried that I'll break it and then have to search for another so I'll wait to see if anyone else knows how to strip it / fix it before I attempt it.

I have exactly the same problem with my headlight switch, I have noticed that sometimes when the sidelights are illuminated, the red illumination on the switch lights up for a split second and then dies, perhaps it's jus a dry solder joint or something simple?

I need to strip it down to have a look but I'm worried that I'll break it and then have to search for another so I'll wait to see if anyone else knows how to strip it / fix it before I attempt it.

This happens with mine too-stays on for a split second then goes out :think:

And yes Nilz ive given it a good smack with no joy lol!

I tried the new Iraqi style of taking my trainers off and slapping it 'Dubya stylee' but that didn't work either...

LOL!!!

Dont know if it works on these, looks like it doesnt by the other comments, but that normally works on everything else ;)

What are comfort indicators btw?

G

Its when you just tap the indicator stalk and it indicates for a few seconds and stops automatically, eg for overtaking etc...

Hi all, one of the red lights that light up my headlights control switch (to the right of the steering wheel) has gone out, so that at night when I turn the lights on only one side of the switch is illuminated red. Does anyone know if this an easy fix? Thanks :icon_thumright:
Many have tried and failed to fix this common problem. I bought a brand new switch from Ebay. It was for an A6 however the rheostat part of the switch is identical to the 8L S3. Looks like he's still selling them - http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Audi...ptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

Thanks for that link, it says installation should only be attempted by a professional, is this really the case?