Dashboard computer problem

mango

Reaction score
Hi,

my a3 1.8t has developed a fault with its display, when i start the car the display shows "OK" as normal and will show the car picture with the door open, this dispappear as normal when i shut the door but that is it. the temperature/mpg etc don't follow. Does anyone have any ideas?

thanks

Last edited:
Sorry I don't think i was very clear. the picture of the car disappear as soon as i shut the door and i am left with nothing on the display. the ok and the door open sign just seem to be the only bit that still work

Theres a button on the bottom of the stalk for the wipers, press that, it should then display what you want it to.

thanks i did try that but no joy. I have taken the fuse out on the basis this may reset it in some way and now my esp sign is lit up and can't be switched on or off!

Mate, see if you can get access to vagcom and get it on that, that will tell you if you have any probs.

Are you sure you have taken the right fuse out??

Did the dash just stop working all of a sudden then or what??

Defo took the right fuse out, the ESP light has come on before for no reason and went off two days later so something in't right.

I'll get it hooked up and see if they can find anything

Mine did the same years ago. I took the fuse out and it came back on but I can not turn off the display now using the reset button and the reset button does not function. Not the end of the world. Weird how yours has not come back on though. Vagcom is in need!