dash not lighting fuse?

bennibs123

Reaction score
Hello everyone just a quick question as i cant seem to get a straight answer on any posts. I put in some cheap dodgey sidelight bulbs which didnt work anyway and now my rear passenger bulb has gone as well as my dashboard all the needles still light up but heater control dials radio ect do not light up when the lights are on im assuming its going to be a fuse .
can anyone tell me which fuse that would be? As i dont have a haynes manual at hand
its a facelift 2003 1.8t
thanks ben

If the list is missing (as on mine) then you can check this one. It's for a TT and Golf mkIV, but should be pretty much identical to the A3. Either way, if a problem is in a fuse then usually you should be visually able to tell just by looking at the fuses.
fuse_panel_layout.jpg

Right okay ive been looking for ages on the internet for a fusebox like mine but everywhere I look even a pdf Haynes manual show the fuse box the passenger side where as mine is the drivers side. does this mean that all fuses are just reversed or what? where can I get the correct information?
Thanks

Not sure since I have a right hand drive model. However either way the layout should be the same, so you can still figure out which way the fuses run. Especially if you look at the specific shape that the top half has (fuses 1-23) and the fusebox in general. If it's mirrored then you'll be able to tell.

yes it was mirrored the fuse that had gone was for the rear passenger light i replaced that and it works along with my dash aswell.
thanks for the help!

Reactions: RGL