1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dash material

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by danotto, Jan 22, 2008.

1. danotto

danotto VAG HUNTER

a bit of an odd question i know,but im fitting a boost gauge to my s3 as some of you know and have bought a single gauge holder pod which im going to mount on top of the dash but the gauge holder i have is shiny black does anyone know if or where i could get thin material to match the s3 facelift dash material.
    if so i will fit this over the pod holder to make it look a little more professional.
    Cheers guys.
    dan

http://www.demon-tweeks.co.uk/products/ProductDetail.asp?cls=ROAD&pcode=GLOGM1U

2. Advert Guest Advertisement

3. HTC

HTC Active Member

I'd get down to a breakers yard. Often you can strip the top layer material off a car and reuse it.

4. danotto

danotto VAG HUNTER

cheers bud.all feedback is welcome as always

5. auroan

auroan Active Member

Yup seconded. Look for the cars where the airbags have gone off. Flaps o plenty ;)

6. bouncer--daz

bouncer--daz A dog is for life....not just for friday nights!

make sure u post some finished pics... another option would be to mount it on the piller.... seen alot of people do it with their tweeters. Depends what shape ur gauge is?

7. danotto

danotto VAG HUNTER

yeah will post pics up,was gonna put it on the pillar but the air bag is there and dont fancy having a boost gauge shoved up my nostril if i have an accident,lol

8. HTC

HTC Active Member

I like your thinking, many people wouldn't have considered that. You could take a look at New South Performance's pods for the upper steering cowl. The MK4 golf items fit the S3. Not to everyones' taste of course.

Also there is a guy on Seatcupra.net making some very nice pods that replace the drivers side air vent for not too much money.

9. Jaywoo_A3

Jaywoo_A3 Audi dead, 2.0T all the way!

I like the look of this.
    [​IMG]

10. sitrials

sitrials Member

i've put mine in my pillar oil temp and boost guage but trying to find some headliner material is a nightmare no one will split it from the interior!

11. god_thats_quick

god_thats_quick Numptie of the highest order

Where did you fit the oil temp sensor if you don't mind me asking - tap into the side of the sump?

12. sitrials

sitrials Member

i took a sump plug had it drilled down the center and then i tapped it out simple to do with a machine shop at work.

13. HTC

HTC Active Member

I might have some in the garage left over from when I did mine. I'll have a look for you when I'm back home from work at the weekend.

14. danotto

danotto VAG HUNTER

A while ago i was after some material for my boost gauge,well i got hold of some porsche leather which almost matches the s3 dash i have now covered the pod holder and am getting it fitted next sat thanks to ed's mate ill post more pics when i get it fitted into th car im fitting it to the right hand side of the dash display.
    heres some pics let me know what you think...

Heres before..[​IMG]
    and after...
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

15. danotto

danotto VAG HUNTER

so should i fit it or do a vent fitment?