1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dash Indicator Problem ?

J.R. Jan 25, 2011

1. J.R.

J.R. "Started From The Bottom" VCDS Map User

Every time I indicate left or right it seem to flash on the dash the opposite side a few times before it goes to the side it so-pose to indicate. It's really annoying :banghead:......Does anybody know how to sort this ?

2. mike foster

mike foster Fossie VCDS Map User

Bloody hell - I suppose you have checked that it doesn't do that outside ?!!!!!!!

Never heard of that before - maybe NHN or Khufu could help ?

3. J.R.

Nah I ain't checked it outside yet.....it's very strange ......

4. golfg6076

golfg6076 New Member

Mine has just started doing this. if i indicate left ,its fine but if i indicate right, it flashes left inside and out unless i hold it there..........

any ideas?

5. J.R.

ok enough is enough :banghead: ......The problem is getting Worse and I can't stand it no more...

This is a little video of my Issue ... Look @ when it's 27 sec

Any Help would be appreciated ...

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 15, 2014
  6. Gavin0478

Gavin0478 Active Member Team Daytona Team V8 VCDS Map User quattro Audi Q7 S-line owners group TDi

id say stalk contacts are knackered.

7. J.R.

Ok And you don't think it's the Hazard Relay or anything else ?

8. Gavin0478

Gavin0478 Active Member Team Daytona Team V8 VCDS Map User quattro Audi Q7 S-line owners group TDi

no coz when it stopped after 27secs when you just touched the stalk it started working again.
    a relay either works well buzz's coz arking or dont work but a relay couldnot cross circuits like that in my opinion.
    i have taken stalks appart on cars to clean contacts etc and although not too complicated id say they could easily cause this if worn.

9. Gavin0478

instead of flicking try to slowly move stalk up n down so to speak see if you can find a point where it works correct and point where is malfunctioning.

10. J.R.

Thanks for your reply ...

But if you look closely at the vid after 27 secs ...I don't switch it back down ....it appears I was about to ...but I didn't....as it started to indicate the right way.

It's strange ...because it only does it sometimes....but recently it has got worse.

11. KevinF

KevinF Member

Hi Digzz,

Long time ago I realise but did you sort this problem out? Replace the stalk maybe? Or the relay switch?

Cheers

12. J.R.

I Replaced the stalk.

13. KevinF

KevinF Member

Cheers. Not as easy a fix as I was hoping.