1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dash Illumination Issue after HU Install

Discussion in 'In-Car Entertainment' started by _GRP_, Mar 22, 2011.

1. _GRP_

_GRP_ A3 2.0TDI Sportback S-Line

[Mar 22, 2011]
    Hi Guys.

Had a new Alpine CDE-126BT Head Unit installed the other week which is great.
    The only downside is that the part on my dash that previously displayed the radio station info etc is dull/un-illuminated. Now I expected it to no longer display the radio/track info etc, but did think it would still show some signs of being illuminated still... don't know if any other things get displayed in the upper part of the central computer display?

George
  2. Ads

Ads

[Dec 18, 2014]

3. s8craig

s8craig Active Member VCDS Map User

[Mar 22, 2011]
    If you car has DIS then yes it can display other things, but it has been left coded for rdaio which is now not there. I'm not sure exactly what it will display, but in general it will be blank as it's expecting the radio stations information to be sent to it.
  4. _GRP_

_GRP_ A3 2.0TDI Sportback S-Line

[Mar 22, 2011]
    Thanks for confirming that Craig, just wanted to make sure that the only info missing from the DIS would be the radio info
    and nothing else gets displayed in that panel/section of the DIS.

George
  5. AndyMac

AndyMac Moderator Staff Member Moderator

[Mar 22, 2011]
    No nothing else is displayed in that section so it will just be blank, as if you had the stock HU turned off