Dash icons appeared tonight

Digibob

Reaction score
Hi folks, The answers i am looking for may already be on the forum somewhere but a search has revealed nothing so far so here goes............

I have had my A5 3.0 tdi Sportback for around 2 months now and liking it very much, However it has had a few niggles which now i have sorted out, Until i went out for a Chinese takeaway earlier on. After around a mile or so i had the DPF icon appear briefly followed by a flashing glow plug amber icon, The glow plug icon was still there after i stopped and started the car again for the return journey home. Am i right in thinking the car was starting to go through a DPF regen on my way to the Chinese?
Should i go out for a spirited run for 30 mins or so, Or do i have a more serious issue?

Any help on this would be much appreciated.

Right guy's i have the diagnostic log on my macbook so how do i post into this thread so the forum guru's can help me out with this?

Just copy it into your reply or use the insert code feature in the reply buttons (it's the one that says "Insert..." when you hover over it.

My car now has a new Differential pressure Sensor fitted today and is now back to full health for now anyway.

Reactions: RS5 JON