Dash Display

Take some pics please of what you are doing.
How did you get the kneeboard off?
According to haynes manual it is advised not to use another relay even if it has same specs because it may work differently.
Take care m8.

ah right that sounds sensible, might just ask a seat mechanic pal of mine to take a look.....

I havent taken the kneeboard off bud, anyone else know?

Couple of bolts underneath and a couple on the side underneath the fusebox. Then it unclips at the top

Sorry to say this guys and i don't want to sound patronising but if you can't figure out how to get the knee bolster off without asking do you think you should really be messing about with the complex electronics under the dash?

Dont be cheeky Dave I am quite experienced with electrical systems just because I havent taken a knee bolster of before doesnt mean I cant find a relay and change it once I did get the bolster off! ***
So any luck Jpc?

lol, no bud sorry I just haven't had any time, the missus and I just had a little one!!

Oh congrats m8!
Boy or girl?
We are expecting our second in Nov/Dec.
So does that mean you wont be getting to bottom of this problem problem now?

I'll probably just rely on my interior lights remaining on as an indicator that my doors are'nt closed properly until i can get it on a vagcom.

The lack of seatbelt warning chimes has'nt killed me yet so i'll probably survive the lack of technology.

Cheers guys

Cheers lads, it was a boy 8lbs 8oz...big laddie!!

It was 4 weeks ago now TBH but not got too much time on my hands now as u can imagine, i'm writing this whilst installing windows server 2003 sp1 at a clients!!

I've got a Nokia carkit coming from ebay so when I fit that the idea is to have a look at this relay. I'll prob take the part number and order it then swap it for the new one. If it doesn't work I wont be too much out of pocket.

I ordred one of the vagcom cables from China 21 days afo and still not here..