1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DAS 6 Pro v Audi Paint

Discussion in 'Detailing' started by ScottishS3, Jul 6, 2014.

1. ScottishS3

ScottishS3 Well-Known Member

[Jul 6, 2014]
    [TABLE="class: tborder noskimwords, align: center"]

[TD="class: alt1"] Hi All!

Well I have finally got around to using my DAS 6 Pro on my own car.
    I watched all of Junkman's You Tube videos to get a feel for the techniques. I have then had plenty of practice on some body panels that I got from the local body shop and scratched them up good, and was amazed at how much correction I got.

The problem is, my current set up of Chemical Guys Hexlogic pads and Meguiars 105 & 205 doesn't seem to cut it.

I have spent a day so far on half of the bonnet with a Orange Hexlogic Pad and 105 but apart from removing a few scratches, it's not really touching it.

I realise that Audi paint is hard and it takes time, but surely not this long?????

I have very light scratches and swirl marks so it's nothing major.

Should I get a yellow (heavy Cut) CG Hexlogic pad?

Any advice would be very much appreciated.

Thanks in Advance.
    [/TD]

[TD="class: alt2"] [​IMG] [​IMG] [/TD]
    [TD="class: alt1, align: right"] [​IMG][/TD]
    [/TABLE]
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 23, 2014]

3. ROB A3 Quattro

ROB A3 Quattro no smoke without poke

[Jul 13, 2014]
    Hi I've just used the same set up (check out the thread) and managed to remove nearly all the marks I had and leave the bonnet with a glass like feel.
    What color is yours I can't c the pics on my phone I too used the junkman techniques with slow overlapping passes
  4. Mesa

Mesa Member

[Aug 18, 2014]
    I use a DAS-6 with Hex Logic orange and only Megs Ultimate Compound (not as much cut as 101) and get good results on my Misano S3.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

That's only about 4 passes, one application of polish and not moved down to a white pad yet.