Dans S3 8L

danderton

Reaction score
Hi All,

I have just brought a 2000 reg 1.8T S3 upgrading from A3 1.8T (Which is currently for sale in the classified section)

IMG_4407.jpg

So far work to be completed:
  • New CV Joint
  • Front Wishbones
  • Service
  • Re-spray front bumper and bonnet to remove marks and fading

Plans upfront:
  • Front mount
  • Miltek exhaust
  • New induction kit
  • Custom Remap

Any recommendations of what to do next?

Attachments

• car.jpg
    car.jpg
    99 KB · Views: 1,324
Hi Dan, welcome to audi-sport.net. That is one nice looking 8L. Where are you located. Have a look in the 8l section, you will get plenty of ideas on mods in there. Be warned though, we love spending other peoples money on this forum, lol. I hope you enjoy the forum. Look forward to following your progress on this thread. :) x

So just got the car fully on the road.

New Front wishbones, new CV joint and boot and a full service.

A happy man.

In the mean time i have also sprayed the strut brace - (Personally i think red goes great with the yellow)

Photo

Facelift lights and facelift grill with black surround would go well

Facelift lights and facelift grill with black surround would go well

Nice idea. Will the facelift lights just plug in and off you go? (Assuming they both sets of xenons use the same connectors etc)

Cheers for the updates guys. Ill look out for you guys

Update:

Pressed Plates :

3183E994-12C4-4607-8180-86A59F63F681-3294-000001714D500069.jpg

I know it needs a wash :p

On the negative thou my airbag light has come on with the dreaded Internal Memory Error - Taken it out today (What a B**tch to get too) and sent it off to be repaired.

Hopefully i can remember where everything went :p

33DC2707-FCF2-49C3-8538-70375197EAF4-3294-0000017152E0BEB6.jpg

A Little update since my last post.

Unfortunately i haven't had a lot of luck recently - after fixing the Airbag ECU fault i have also had to replace the thermostat and had the dreaded oil pickup problem. (Was very lucky here)

Hopefully i am starting to get over the hurdle of issues and start to get a few ticks of the list of things i've got left to do.

Left to do: N75 Open Circuit - Looks like i am going to have to rewire it...

I am also in the market for some new wheels. Currently i have a pair of Finichi Milanoi alloys with good tyres in gloss black that im looking to swap.

Around 12 months old and good condition.

Ideally after some BBS Chs reps or genuine.

Willing to top up if needed and collect.

Had the same problem with the Airbag ECU although new one just arrived so need to fit it. How much was the repair if you don't mind me asking?

About £60 i think incl postage and vat. I didn't fancy reprogramming mine.

I think it is only a matter of reprogramming the VIN. I am going to do mine this weekend as well as bunch of other bits.

I think that's all you need to do:

[h=2]Adaptation[/h]Mostly used to deactivate individual airbag components (see repair manual for details).[h=3]Channel 081: Vehicle Data Learning[/h]To start the process for vehicle data (VIN) learning, enter/save 02905 as new value.

Progress since last post.

Fixed a annoying issue with the N75 valve.

Had a smoke test - no boost leaks :)

Today I restored my headlights. The headlights were very bad - almost MOT failure. Spent the day sanding and polishing. Very happy with the results.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1367522514714121

I have also sprayed the chrome ring around the front grill - Matt black smartens the whole thing up. Quite happy.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1367522579645061