DANIO's A3 -> S3 progress thread

HI there guys

My name is Anton Richards

I am new to this forum, and i have just sold a 99 a3 TDI and purchased a 2002 S3 8L.

Now i want to apologise if this question has already been asked, and i know how anooying it can be to keep telling people the same thing, but i have been trying to find this information for a while as i planned on doing it to the TDI but never got round to it.

I want to fit the RNS-D satnav unit to my car.

Now my S3 already has satnav, but the in dashboard trip computer one, that is really bad and doesnt provide any usefull information.

So i want to know what is needed to fit the RNS-D unit to my car. Now i have tried to research as much as i can, and i know from my girlfriends mini, that manufacturer standard satnav runs off of a disc located in the boot/glove compartment?

So as i already have the other satnav which runs from a disc in my boot, will the RNS-D unit work of the same disc player?

I have also researched and found out that my car has the single din, concert II system. So i know ill need at least a double din cage. Ive read a few threads about the heater having to be changed as well? but all those posts seem to be about the a4 or a6.....so can anyone tell me if the sizes are all slightly different in all 3 models of car (a3, a4, a6). And can my heater controls just move stright down and i ge rid of the holding tray underneath it?

Ive found a few units on ebay and other sites ranging from £170-£350 depending on what is included.

Can anyone help me in purchasing the right parts.

kind regards

Anton