Dane's Hybrid Conversion Thread

Aww cecil you beat me to it lol.

Come on bill you know you love GB :).

Lol I only meant the mani, I've not been keeping up with the gb.

Tuffty I heard it was absolute pig, so thanks man, I've had words with the car and told it not to be such a beeitch

feck mani GB's - lol - Mani @ this stage is a one off... until I recover from the trauma of making this one, which based on time alone to make would be >£1000 item, clearly not something salable. I will chalk it up to being a challenging engineering exercise. :p

everything about working with head in situ on S3's is a complete ****. Cyl head off is the far more efficient way of doing this.
My forearms are also scraped and bruised to ****.. Not enjoy the process I have to say.
just driveshaft to bolt back on and turbo support bolt, connect lambda electrically.. bung some fluids back in it and turn the key.. later today. Hoping to hell I can access the turbo support bolt now I put the sodding DP back on.. with its inaccessible 1 nut/stud which caused me a lot of pain yesterday. got home just before 6 last night, flopped in the chair, watched recorded F1 and promptly fell asleep. Knackered!

Love you man! I seriously appreciate the effort dude!

If its gonna be running later I might pop over and see the old girl.

If he wants anything actually working at the end of the day then thats not a good idea, that would be one hard earned reputation down the drain! lol

If I can help out I'm always happy to :superman:

I am paying Bill you know... :thumbsup:

yikes feels like I could be getting bullied into doing something no man ever wants to do... lol

yikes feels like I could be getting bullied into doing something no man ever wants to do... lol

"Bring out the gimp" ;)

tumblr_ldckl9CAEp1qecli2.jpg

Moi?! I've been very good thank you very much, Ive only helped derail recently, as opposed to actually starting the derailing process... lol

Love you man! I seriously appreciate the effort dude!

If its gonna be running later I might pop over and see the old girl.

should be running yea..
got to rework wellys decat pipe tho, remove it again... :( as the 2nd lambda bung is completely fecked, seized, cross threaded the lot.. going to have to remove the nicely sealed decat pipe and weld in a new boss. one step fwds, one step backwards (as usual.. cars eh!)

should be running yea..
got to rework wellys decat pipe tho, remove it again... :( as the 2nd lambda bung is completely fecked, seized, cross threaded the lot.. going to have to remove the nicely sealed decat pipe and weld in a new boss. one step fwds, one step backwards (as usual.. cars eh!)

Where abouts is that lambda bung?

should be running yea..

Just when you think the hard works finished, I'll put the kettle on when I get there!

Thanks Bill. I thought Welly's car only had 1 lambda being an onlder engine unlike the BAM which have a pre and post cat sensor?

Yep, thats correct. Bill knows this all to well as without wideband lambda, it's a ***** to map.

How easy is it to map a car that has a decat and a post cat sensor, because the sensor wont like it?

AFAIK, the second lambda has no real control on fuelling - it is there so the ECU knows how efficient the CAT is.

Bill will be able to answer this much better than me...

AFAIK, the second lambda has no real control on fuelling - it is there so the ECU knows how efficient the CAT is.

Bill will be able to answer this much better than me...

IT's strange because on my previous map the post cat sensor was telling VCDS that the cats were damaged and I can only assume this was where the poor map was underfueling! The Revo has sorted any abnormalities.

IT's strange because on my previous map the post cat sensor was telling VCDS that the cats were damaged and I can only assume this was where the poor map was underfueling! The Revo has sorted any abnormalities.

Yeah, in all fairness, that map that was on there wasn't the best. In fact it was very lean IIRC.