Dane's Hybrid Conversion Thread

um... not sure... Bill suggested it I'm rolling with it lol

Im getting dizzy from all these diffrent turbos!
Im about 1000000 pages behind in wellys build thread ,
What is a PE 1820?
What manifold is needed?
I want to see the fun side of 300 again,
The car when it left JBS after the conversion it had DID feel like the claimed 311 and it pulled on cars claimed to be 300,
Now i strugle to keep my mates ( 3 of the bugers bought them ) scooby sti prodrive behind me on track obviously.

Nice, whats the benefits of going external waste gate?

Depending on the Frame turbo you go for, and power goals..... small internal wastegates compromise the hotsides flow a lot, and >400bhp on garretts (and some others, except new EFR's) the wastegates are just too small to vent sufficient flow for good boost control.

I have a v1(surgio) sitting in the shed, only 3k on it and it was an original new KKK unit hybridized, quit a lot of play on it also considering, will get a vid up shortly for you guys.

surgio or not (an issue you had that I barely saw on wellys) , its the better model imho

Mapped accordingly we will see... ride that surge line is worth it vs clipped and other varients to me

yep they're Wellys old ones.

Nice one now, as soon as I've finished typing this post, I shall reply to Dane saying I'll take them for sure :)

Now all I need is Welly prop shaft and rear diff, after he's sold it Dane, and my car will be a complete parts whore!

the a3 is asn's frankenstein's baby

yea man :D It's a proper VAG parts bin / forum car to be honest! half the parts have come from Golf / Seat forums, or the bigger VAG stuff :)

Nice nice, How does it look?

For your reference, a CR V1 with 3k miles on it, not smoking but a LOT of play, no in and out, just side 2 side, visible score marks on the inlet compressor housing from where it made contact, rebuild time. :-(

Last edited by a moderator:
For your reference, a CR V1 with 3k miles on it, not smoking but a LOT of play, no in and out, just side 2 side, visible score marks on the inlet compressor housing from where it made contact, rebuild time. :-(

Did Steve and I get the only good ones that CR made then or what?

Last edited by a moderator:
That is terrible after 3k...track milage?

LOL, my clutch won't last a track day, wishful thinking.

probably just typical SCN abuse I reckon ;) they all drive them like they were stolen :ninja:

I know, were all scumbag boy racers over there :)

thats excessive indeed.
surging and v.high boost not helping it much.

True, uprated thrust bearing me hole, never boosted it past a 1.7bar peak.I think it was iffy from day one, remember the cavitation post i had up, where the turbo would squeal like a pig coming on boost.

It looks like it.

Ive got one on the car thats done 12000 miles and is solid...
And a ported/unclipped one that is ok too,(Andrews old one) so it looks like its the "cr turbo lottery"
Are you guys getting anywhere with the warrantys?

Last edited: